2007 PAYE Balancing Statement - Query?

Slim

we have just received a balancing statement for 2007 and I am puzzled. In relation to the Personal Tax Credits, we have only been allowed the €3,520 'Married Person' Allowance. Are we not also entitled to the PAYE Tax Credit of €1,760 each?

Any help appreciated.

You shjould be if you both had PAYE emlployments. for 2007 the PAYE credit is worth the lesser of E1,760 or 20% of the amount of the PAYE earnings.

Thanks for that. Seems highly unlikely though that Tax Office would omit that if we were due? I will appeal it anyway. Slim

Did you tick the box on tax return? If no it might not show up

I filled in a form 11. Do I have to tick a box for this credit? It is obvious from the form that we are both working PAYE workers. Where on the form doers one have to tick that? I can check it if you tell me. Slim

I filled in a form 11. Do I have to tick a box for this credit? It is obvious from the form that we are both working PAYE workers. Where on the form doers one have to tick that? I can check it if you tell me. Slim

item 514 on tax return

You do need to tick the box on a F11. Being "obvious that you are PAYE " doesn't work with Revenue. You might have a Proprietory directorship on PAYE and you would not be entitled to the PAYE credit for that employment. Give them a phone call and they will usually correct it.

AFAIK Form 11 is for self-employed / self-assessed tax-payers who do not get the PAYE tax-credits. If you are PAYE you need form 12, I think.

I originally submitted Form 12 as I had done for previous years. Revenue insisted I submit Form 11 as we have rental property. I did not send in the page with item 514 n it. I will re-visit this. Thanks all.

Back