2006 Passat-continuously won't start

R

Rexel

delete

deletion car fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Passat 2006

Please make thread titles more relevant/specific. I have edited this one.

Re: 2006 Passat-Starting Problems

Rexel said:
Bought a new 2L diesel comfortline passat in January. It is a great car, extremely comfortable and of course very fast.Unfornunately it continuously will not start. Battery is continuously being drained and I have had to call out assistance on two occasions and jump start it myself several more times. Garage cannot find out what is wrong. I think that it may be poor insulation on the wiring. Is there anyone out there with similar problems with the new passat?

Rexel - why don't you just bring it back to the garage and get a replacement until the can garauntee you the problem has been resolved? After paying what you did for the car that's the least I would expect - if that's not forthcoming then I'd consider the other options which might focus the dealers attention.

Roy

I'd reject it. Demand a new one. The very leat a new car should do is start reliably.

I had a similar problem with a new car I bought back in 99. It turned out that when the car is shipped it has a temporary battery in it ... which the distributor/garage is supposed to change to a permanent battery before they pass it on to the customer ... in my case this didn't happen. Thankfully the problem was rectified. This might not be your cars' problem but might be worth thinking about. Failing that I would not accept a car that doesn't work properly. I would leave it with the garage until they find out what's wrong with it. Ask them to provide you with a replacement car until they fix it. Good luck.

Another common source of problems like these are the internal boot light or under bonnet lighting if you have it. Sometimes even thought he boot lid is fully closed the switch will not have closed properly leaving the boot light on and hence drains the battery. Might be worth a look at.

I don't think you can reject the car until the garage or VW get "reasonable" time to put the faults right. If you are not getting satisfaction from the dealer why not contact Motor Distributors directly? Maybe that's already the case ????

The contract of sale is with the dealer. It's the dealers responsibilty to identify and correct any faults.

I'd be really fed up if my brand new car wouldn't start.

Back