2004 Impreza Wrx: where I could get it chipped or re mapped?

interested

I have a 2004 Impreza Wrx and was curious to know does anyone here have any ideas about where I could get it chipped or re mapped as I would like more mid range power.

Re: re map

check out [broken link removed] there is a forum on that site that will help you with your scooby.

could also check out www.scoobynet.co.uk the MY2003 wrx is a bit lacking in low down torque alright....
Hi Cameo I was wondering did you find anyone to do your car.
I am considering a Prodrive Performance Pack as that comes with a Subaru Warranty,
I rang Prodrive today and they referred me to Subaru Ireland.
I had a 01 Wrx before and I am a little dissapointed as I find I need to change gears a lot to get best performance from car i am also looking at upgrading the brakes too.

Hi interested
I had a 2003MY Wrx - it was not chipped or had no PPP. I have driven a wrx with PPP and as claimed low down pulling power is much better - it is actually very similar to the newer 2.5 turbo (230PSI) engine. The 2.0 engine with PPP is not very refined though, it is a bit harsh, especially when pushed.

I believe PPP is about £1600 - I thought that the guarantee was only really worthwhile if your car was less than 3 years old ie inside the main manufacturer guarantee. I would have thought you would be better off with a cheaper option once the car is outside the manufacturers guarantee.

From my experience guy in subaru garages in South Ireland don't know too much about technical specs. of cars - I have heard NI garages are not much better - I'd say get advise on scoobynet or the 555club rather than from Subaru Ireland.

I have a 2003 WRX with PPP. I bought the car from new and got the PPP added after about 1000 miles. The cost was €2000. The difference was unbelievable. The onlt reason I went with the PPP was because Subaru covered it. If the car was out of warranty I'd choose another option. There's a crowd in the UK called TSL who are meant to be very good.

From my experience guy in subaru garages in South Ireland don't know too much about technical specs. of cars - I have heard NI garages are not much better - I'd say get advise on scoobynet or the 555club rather than from Subaru Ireland.

Having owned and driven Turbo 2000's, WRX's and an STi over the years, I must disagree with this generalisation. Personally the 2 main dealers I have used over the years were knowledgeable, helpful, professional and honest. I had the PPP fitted to a MY2001 WRX at a year old and the main dealer and Subaru Ireland told me what to expect and were proven 100% correct.

BTW, by South Ireland do you mean Cork/Kerry or the commonly-used misnomer for the Republic of Ireland?

I was referring to ROI as opposed to Southern Ireland, in particular I'm talking about two subaru main dealers in Dublin.

One tried to service a MY2003 WRX using a service schedule for a classic (i think - definitely not the right model anyway).

A sales guy in another garage did not know the BHP of a Forrestor.

Just talking from my own experience.

Back