1st Time Buyers I am not but Other half is

IrishGunner

Looking to get a Mortgage from the bank. My current mortgage is with AIB whom I have recently moved to. However now want to sell the house and upgrade. Current house is in my name but now Miss Gunner and I looking for a Mortgage. Looking at houses about €300k mark and due to this stamp duty is included. I am not a first time buyer but Miss Gunner would be

Is there anyway the house can be in the name of Miss Gunner or is there no way around this and will have to take the stamp duty into a/c if looking at houses at the €300k mark.

Suggestions?

This question has been dealt with a lot on this forum. If you are going to be paying half of the mortgage then stamp duty has to be paid.

Did not think I could do this but will be speaking to Solicitor soon to see what options are open to me.

Thanks

If you buy a new build (depending on site value and sq ft) you are except from stamp duty. we are trading up, buying new build for 239K 1625 sq ft and we don't have to pay stamp duty.

IrishGunner.. The deal with Stamp Duty for you is that if property is greater than 125 square metres you'll pay 7% on any balance above 125k.
If house is less than 125 sq metres, best to discuss with your solicitor the option fo going joint mortgage/sole title. Not all banks do this and not sure if you can do this if you are legally married. If not married a possible option. After all your paying your solicitor for his/her advice and expertise so no harm in asking..

If you are the beneficial owner or part owner of the property, you will be liable for stamp duty if it is a property where stamp duty applies. It does not matter who's name is on the deeds or mortgage - Revenue wised up to the "put the partner who's a first time buyer on the deeds or mortgage" a long long time ago.

However now want to sell the house and upgrade.

This phrase suggests that you want to purchase a house and you are not a first time buyer - posters should not advocate defrauding Revenue on this site.

You cant draw down a mortgage for which your name is not going on the title deeds.

Hi truthseeker. I got a mortgage with my ex partner and I was not on the title deeds, just her name. The banks and solicitors had no problem with it.

Hi truthseeker. I got a mortgage with my ex partner and I was not on the title deeds, just her name. The banks and solicitors had no problem with it.

PaddyW Any chance you can PM me the bank that did this for you. I'm in this situation at the moment.

If you buy a new build (depending on site value and sq ft) you are except from stamp duty. we are trading up, buying new build for 239K 1625 sq ft and we don't have to pay stamp duty.
Unless you are a first time buyer you are liable for 7% on anything above €125k.

If you are actually building yourself there is no stamp duty on the house, no matter the size or value (contributing to the 40% of the population live in one off housing).

Wow. what would have happened if she died you kinda would have been up the creek without a paddle . very stupid to be paying for something that legally you have no entitlement to.
Be careful The four courts love people like you

Unless you are a first time buyer you are liable for 7% on anything above €125k.

If you are actually building yourself there is no stamp duty on the house, no matter the size or value (contributing to the 40% of the population live in one off housing).

Is there not stamp duty on the site?

Back