1bed (10x10) + 1bath(10x8) extension, quoted €29k, Is this good value?

T

tina howley

Hi all
I am planning to build a extension over a garage . It will consit of 1 bedroom and a bathroom . Not very big . Got a quote of 29k .Is this a good price .The bedroom will be 10 by 10 and the bathroom10 by 8 . Plasters price 6k is this expensive

Re: 1bed (10x10) + 1bath(10x8) extension, quoted €28k, Is this good value?

Would need more details whats included ? If it just staright build i.e no windows/bath/toliet carpets etc it is expensive.

Where are you located ?

Plastering is a about €20 per m2

Re: 1bed (10x10) + 1bath(10x8) extension, quoted €28k, Is this good value?

it is a straight build bathroom ware not included . I am located in the cork area .We will be decorating ourselves

Re: 1bed (10x10) + 1bath(10x8) extension, quoted €29k, Is this good value?

The price should be 100-150 per square foot in Cork, depending on access, services ect so the estimate is a tad on the high side if it is a straight forward building, also if this is a quote rather than a estimate an amount is often put on to future proof the quote.

Re: 1bed (10x10) + 1bath(10x8) extension, quoted €29k, Is this good value?

Get at least two other quotes, that should give you a better idea of what is realistic. And tell all the parties that you are getting multiple quotes, so they know they are in a competitive environment. For anything other than the smallest job you should always get three quotes.

Lot more details required here. Are the existing walls and foundations capable of supporting the weight? Is the garage to be kept as a garage? Fireproofing will be required if so.
Leo

Back