1800hotels.ie gone bust?

I had a reservation with 1800hotels.ie for appartments in Ibiza for September 4th -14th. This was paid for by Laser card on May 25th. I contacted the appartments and they had no record of the booking.

Finally I e-mailed hotelbeds in Ibiza who are the bed bank and the advised me that the booking has been cancelled.

Obviously 1800hotels are not paying the bed banks very quickly (judging by our case). I am now left with having to re-book the appartments and I have no idea if I will get my original money back.

AIB Bank were helpfull and I have completed a form to backcharge the Laser transaction but I am by no means certain of a refund.

I had no idea that they were not a bonded agent.

On Irish Times today that customers of 1800 affected by collapse can rebook with hotels.com with 20% Discount. They must ring 01-6569447 and provide booking ref they had with 1800. Offer valid until July 21st for bookings until 31st Dec.

I recently had to cancel a booking with these and had a lot of trouble getting my refund back. I must have contacted them on 8 occassions before I got my money back. I got the best satisfaction out of the american branch of their operation.

just returned today from hols only heard the news now

where do i go from here. I have been away the past 2 weeks on holidays and have not logged onto any of my favourite websites for updates over the hols. So only getting to see read the news now. Needless to say i am in shock. I had booked accommodation with 1800 in May to stay for 1 week family of four at xmas time in lanzarote. we booked by visa.
Do I contact our bank or the hotel firstly?
thanks

Shrek, first contact the hotel to see if the reservation has been cancelled. If its not then check that the hotel have been paid. More than likely its all cancelled and your credit card has been charged but the hotel didnt get the money. Also check on the 1800 booking email it should state some other company that will actually pay the hotel e.g. travco. Contact them also to see if the reservation has been cancelled.

If so then ring your branch, you will have to go in and fill out a "charge back" form and you will have to supply copies of the bookings and emails etc just as evidence. You will get your money back, I got mine refunded via NIB after 24 hours (with Mastercard).

If rebooking it seems hotels.com are doing some sort of 20% discount on rebookings for 1800 customers, you need your 1800 booking ref. Personally I rebooked directly with the hotel, I think I have had enough of these internet based intermediaries.

i have booked a hotel with 1800 in jan with visa, what do i do. can I go into NIB too or do i have to be a customer. Also I booked it with my HALIFAX credit card which is cancelled

Any help appreciated

I booked hotel with 1800hotels.ie through my HALIFAX debit card. Does anyone know how I can contact Halifax to get my money back

summerday -if you used a halifax debit card then i dont think halifax have to give you anything . A debit card is like paying by cash or cheque -unless halifax had some special debit card guarantee system which i doubt.
Only credit cards give you some protection when buying a holiday from an unlicensed supplier of travel services.
Licensed Travel agents give you full protection when buying travel starting from Ireland - no matter how you pay.

Back