18 month old nephew and a Christmas present

M

MarySmyth

Any suggestion please for a Christmas present? I was going to give a gift voucher! But maybe a pressie would be better- saying that he has a house full of toys! But any ideas would be appreciated. Many thanks- p.s. willing to spend up to 100 euro.

As a Mam to many, I never have enough clothes :D and as for my children, neither do they ha ha.

Santa brings toys so my childrens uncles and aunts split, some bring toys, some bring clothes or shoes.

Does your nephew have an account, bank or credit union, you could just make a lodgement for him.

Prize Bond - sure you never know. My lads have received these from time to time and I think its great they have them.

Just a few suggestions to get you thinking :)

I second the clothes idea. Next and H&M are good. Or get anything with wheels if it's the little fella you want to impress.

I just bought a gift for an 18month old. Here is what I bought her, may give you some ideas:

mini ugg boots in new look (oh so cute)
two pairs of tights, one with stripes and one with spots
little hair clips with heart and diamonds on them
a cute little top in next (they have lovely stuff)
and a 2 disc noddy dvd.

It didn't cost me much at all and I was delighted with my purchases!

Me thinks I may be a bit broody......

Some great ideas here. As an auntie to lots of nieces and nephews I tend to buy clothes. I know that the parents will always welcome clothes. You could ask if there is some particular toy-doesnt need to be expensive-that the child would like and then give clothes or indeed money as the rest of your present.

The child will most likely be surrounded by toys on Christmas Day. I would agree with the clothes idea - perhaps pyjamas, a dressing gown and slippers? Or maybe a bedroom set of a duvet cover, sheets, and maybe curtains with his favourite character on them? He won't notice that you didn't give him a toy, but his parents will love your practical gift!

I bought all my little nephews and nieces books, Dubray bookshop on Grafon Street (no connection) have some lovely big textured and coloured picture books which are perfect for that age group. I also got one baby niece a large gift book set of grimms fairy tales which obviously she won't be using now but I think will be a nice keepsake as welll as something she can read when she's older.

Definitely agree with the clothes suggestion. Find out where his clothes are normally bought and buy them there. Leave the tags on the clothes so they can be exchanged if necessary.
The Prize Bonds is also a good suggestion. In 5-6 yrs the clothes will all be gone but the Bonds will still be there!

Back