16K for investment. 3 or 5 years?

Ballyman

Hi

I have 16K that I want to invest. However I am in my 60's so I don't want it gone for too long a time.

Ideally I would like to invest it for 3 or 5 years. There are so many options out there that I find it very confusing.

I would like an investment with some guarantees of return if possible. Are there producst where I can remove my money if I need it in an emergency?

Thanks for your help

As you have correctly identified, there are numerous options available. However the more flexible the options the lower of a guarantee. Normally a Guaranteed product cannot be cashed in. Read the choices available and make a decision -- but most importantly read the small print -- every single piece of it. This will advise you of your options and as to who gets what from your investment.

Thanks for that.

I'm looking for something straight forward where I can alk in and invest the money and take it out again in 3 years.

Where would you recommend for the best rate of return?

Thanks for that.

I'm looking for something straight forward where I can alk in and invest the money and take it out again in 3 years.

Where would you recommend for the best rate of return?

Post Office bonds are 3 yrs duration and 10%, which given it's tax free nature, is equiv. to 4%+ per annum.

Back