161 kia creed estate with 150000 km on clock

Easeler

Thinking of buying a 1.6 diesel kia there is 150000 km so just out of warranty its for 10 grand so half the price of a new one. Its for the OH who won't be doing much mileage only running about locally. I would say she might do 15000 km per year. My question is 95000 so called motorway miles high mileage anymore.

A 2.5 year old car with that much mileage sounds high (a rule of thumb would be c. 20,000 km per annum). 50% depreciation from new at that age is perhaps higher than normal but allowing for the mileage, not so much.

This car is at a point now where the timing belt may need to be changed and other components are nearing their replacement date. A a runaround, you don't want to be facing bills for that kind of work, especially in the first year.

€10000 is a good budget that gives great choice, whilst the 161 reg might be appealing it is more important that the car is up to the job and reliable, choosing a car with this mileage opens you up to expected additional maintenance, timing belt, water pump, clutch ( expensive ) and so on, I would avoid it and look for a well maintained car with average mileage, 95000 miles is almost four times around the circumference of the Earth, there's context for you.

If it's an ex-lease car,that has a full main dealer service history,then I wouldn't have an issue.
In fact Mrs Vandriver recently bought a Skoda Octavia Ambition spec 152 with 140k km on it for ten and a half(ex sale exec car) which looks and drives like new.
I see from done deal that cars that new but with lower mileage are going for 15k.

Last edited:
Its for the OH who won't be doing much mileage only running about locally. I would say she might do 15000 km per year

Did you really mean 15,000 km - that is 41kms per day every day of the year, not what I would call running around locally.

I'm not sure 15,000 km warrants a diesel engine car

Thanks for ye replys It looks good and it drives good so Is it a good deal only time will tell and there is only one way to find out.

I wouldn't be worried about the mileage GalwayPat.
It doesn't sound like it was clocked anyway unless they added on miles. For peace of mind you could get the timing belt, water pump changed yourself after purchase.

Ya there is no cobwebs on it antway, it came with a 6 month warranty and a full service and a service history, asked about timing belt so no timing belt its a timing chain so no need to change that so happy enough with my purchase.

Back