150k to put on deposit

oaky9

i want to deposit 150k for about one year or 18 months in my bank of ireland. i want my money on about 60 day demand what kind of interest would i get for one year.

Why BoI specifically? You will get better rates elsewhere. See the Financial Best Buys forum for the list of best deposit rates on offer these days.

ive been a boi customer for 40 year and they have lent me money when i needed it, its just loyalty.

Why not just ring them up or call in to your branch and ask them about the interest rate so - given that you are a customer of 40 year standing?

ive been a boi customer for 40 year and they have lent me money when i needed it, its just loyalty.

Unfortunately that's not a concept the banks understand these days. They'll likely 'reward' you for your loyalty by giving you a much lower rate than you could get elsewhere.

Unfortunately that's not a concept the banks understand these days. They'll likely 'reward' you for your loyalty by giving you a much lower rate than you could get elsewhere.

Totally agree. We'd better shop around like our banks are doing when they promise higher rates or 150 Euro Cash for every new c/a...

I was a loyal AIB customer for 20 odd years and the only loyalty they showed me was to start charging me for banking with them - needless to say I have since moved on.

very good point guys. i might shop around now . loyalty means nothing with banks i agree.

Back