15"/17" LCD TV for kitchen worktop

A

aine

15"/17" LCD TV for kitchen worktop

Figure I will soon need to replace my old 14" tv in the kitchen since recently it has started turning itself off while we are watching it! I would love one of these new LCD ones which take up so little space. The trouble is it is quite hard to find them on display (outside Dublin) and it looks like I would be buying from a brochure without seeing it working. Googling, have come across a few comments about fuzzy/bad pictures when viewing closely. Also some people saying they are only suitable as computer monitors. I would be viewing as close as 6' or as far away as 12'. Found some good comments about Philips 17" which are available (from brochure) in ESB shops. Question is...has anyone here got a 15" or 17" or seen them in action? Since they are quite expensive I would welcome any comments.

LCD TV

Dunnes Stores had a special on a Maxim 17" LCD this week for 449 - see:

[broken link removed]

I know nothing about them but they had one set up in my local Dunnes and the pic quality looked good.

Re Philips. A recent thread here was very critical of their widescreens and identified some problems with them.

lcd

Viewer, thats most helpful - will be able to check out Dunnes tomorrow night after work. Must do a search on the Philips thread also.

Maxim

No disrespect to you guys but Maxim is the Yellow pack of electric equipment, great when out of the box, wait for a year and its fecked !! Best pay more for a better brand such as JVC or Hitachi - try the DID electrical website.

Dell also do them, we have on here at work, it seems to be fairly good.

check here for details

lcd

Thanks Swoon0, none showing on the DID site unfortunately.
cushtie, I did'nt know Dell were selling TVs in Ireland. Looks good and quite a bit cheaper than Philips as well.

Back