11 months Insurance cover...........

newfarm

Hello again!

After researching the good advice/ experiences gleaned from comments on this forum, I have decided to go with Laya Frex 250.

My renewal date is 31st December with my current provider Glohealth ( at renewal this time last year they had a 13 month offer for December renewals, so I started my insurance cover with them on 31 Dec, one day before my renewal date with VHI)

Now when I enter my details on the laya on line form and ask for cover from 31st Dec............I can only get cover until 30th Nov. ( If i enter 1 Jan, I can get cover to 31 Dec). Is there a problem in taking this 11 month cover??

I think you should give Laya a call, sounds like a glitch in the system... their policies should run for a full year, so a policy started on 31st December 2014 should run until 31st December 2015.

Thank you Odyssey for all your advice in relation to my earlier queries regarding selecting a policy and now in relation to this matter !

I had this last year as I was renewing on the 21st December with Laya. They renewed until the end of November 2014, apparently this is standard policy and the price is pro-rated accordingly.

Correct! I took up the suggestion to phone and was told their renewal date is Ist of the month, so I will get cover till end of Nov and pay pro rata.

Back