100% Mortgage

N

nimbus

I understand that this has been discussed before and that a list of professionals was provided, I'm just wondering have any banks added to that list.

I realise why doctors, lawyers etc are on that list.

I've been qualified in my profession for 2 years, it took me 4 years to gain the qualification and I had to spend in excess of e50,000 to get it. Obviously having to fund my own training has left me with little capacity for saving. My point is that the vets, doctors etc have had their college tuitions paid by the state and are now in a position to earn considerable salaries, I on the other hand am self funded but still earn a decent wage. Why should I not be entitled to 100% mortgage?

I would rather get on the property ladder sooner rather than later. Do lenders have flexibility on this matter?

personally id much rather be an airline pilot than a doctor or accountant but i would guess that they are considered very safe bets and the institutions reckon they will always be needed regardless of economic ups and downs.

Safe bets

Some of the people you'd think should be safe bets aren't

Solicitors have one of the highest mortgage default rates for any profession

Re: Safe bets

"Solicitors have one of the highest mortgage default rates for any profession"

Really? Where did you source that statistic from? I would have thought that the opposite would be true, as any solicitor who has a judgement registered against him/her will automatically have his/her practicing certificate taken away.

Airline Pilot 100% Mortgage?

AAM news travels (relatively) fast ;)

Today's Irish Times Property supplement (Mortgage page) mentions [broken link removed].

Problems will arise when an individual believes themselves to be in a comparable job but does not qualify for the 100 per cent loan.
People falling into this category might hold positions such as company director or (as in one recent query to online consumer site, askaboutmoney.com) airline pilot.

Back