1 TB External hard drive for laptop

dodo

I seen an external hard drive for €77 1TB online, just wondering is there any PC shop that I can walk into that will do close to that price,if this a good hard drive then I might buy it, any thoughts on this one

Depends what you want it for. Seagate's a decent name, but if it's to have a handy backup drive you can carry around, then I would avoid that one which needs an external power supply. You can get a 1TB USB 3 drive that is powered by the USB itself for 80 to 90 euro. Make sure you get USB 3 because even if you don't have it now, you will in future. I like (and have bought) the Toshiba StorE type but I'm sure there are many equally good. Available online from elara.ie and other sites.

I also got the Toshiba 1 tb with usb3. It is powered through the usb and about the same size as my Iphone. It was 99 euro in peats on Parnell st. That was about 4 months ago so might have come down in the sales.
Just checked down to Retail Price: €81.99 now.

Guys will the usb3 work with laptop that is usb2 enhanced,cheers, and the hard drive without power supply sounds the right choice

Yes, USB 3 is backwardly compatible with USB 2, including the power. My laptop has one USB 3 and two USB 2 ports, and the Toshiba drive works in all of them.

Ordered this from Peats for my brother, cheers

I also got the Toshiba 1 tb with usb3. It is powered through the usb and about the same size as my Iphone. It was 99 euro in peats on Parnell st. That was about 4 months ago so might have come down in the sales.
Just checked down to Retail Price: €81.99 now.

Back