1 late mortgage payment: Central credit register

justo

I have recently switched mortgage and current account from Ulsterbank to TSB.

I forgot to create a new Direct Debit for my mortgage payment from my new current account and missed my mortgage payment. When I noticed a few days later I made the payment over the phone.

Will this missed payment show up on my credit rating report on the Central Credit Register?

I have recently switched mortgage and current account from Ulsterbank to TSB.

I forgot to create a new Direct Debit for my mortgage payment from my new current account and missed my mortgage payment. When I noticed a few days later I made the payment over the phone.

Will this missed payment show up on my credit rating report on the Central Credit Register?

No, you will be fine. Contact the bank to confirm for peace of mind if you like or get a copy of your credit report. If it is on it, ask the bank to remove it. They will but it won't be on it. People think that if they a few days late with mortgage payment or credit card payment, it will impact their credit record. It doesn't work like that.

Nope, as the mortgage payment only has to be paid within the month.

You can actually choose any date in the month to pay - up to 28th due to 28 days in Feb.

Also the central bank made a statement regarding any missed payments due to switchover and if that was the reason, no report is required

Back