07 Passat or Mondeo

I've heard lots of stories about poor reliability of recent Passats from people who own them. I would be wary of them myself.

Had a 2006 2.0l TDI Passat. Most unreliable car I ever had and VW not very helpful when warranty ran out. Avoid!!

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Went for the Mondeo. Have a deposit down on a Black 2.0 TDCi LX with cruise control, parking sensors and climate control. Car has 33k miles and has been fully serviced every 10k miles. It seems in great nick.

€11,900 is a good price for all that I reckon?

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Went for the Mondeo. Have a deposit down on a Black 2.0 TDCi LX with cruise control, parking sensors and climate control. Car has 33k miles and has been fully serviced every 10k miles. It seems in great nick.

€11,900 is a good price for all that I reckon?
any pictures?

For what it's worth I swapped my private 2006 Avensis for a 2008 company Mondeo Lx 1.6 saloon sticking on alloys and fogs. Both 1.6 engines. Ford is a heavier car - door clunk factor etc. More modern and very spacious. A lot of compliments on the look of the car. Got a 1.6 Zetec saloon this year. Definitely a better and nippier engine. Why 1.6? More than adequate in today's traffic, plus BIK etc. And this comes from someone who drove a Volvo 940 2.3i modified rocket import from Sweden for 6 years... Until the head gasket went the month I was made redundant in 2007! A colleague has just got the new Opel insignia CD 2.0 - very good reports and many miles away from the Vectra. I still think the Mondeo looks better.

Back