07 Audi A4 info - Uk import

joanod

Hey Guys,
Im am inporting an A4 from the Uk and the AA inspection gave the car 9/10 but it did say that 1. Master key was not there and 2 radio documents were missing. Now i asked the sales man and he said all was in order (as one would expect) he said there are 2 keys which he has and the radio dosnt have log etc just a code (maybe its the manual thats missing which i wouldnt be seriously worried about ( or should I).

Can any one tell me that knows about 07 Audi A4's give me info, please.

The master key - wouldthis be the one with the centeral locking button on it etc.

If anyone could let me know I would be very greatfull. I am buying from a maindealer thought this would minimise the risk Im not so sure!!

Thanks in advance,

Joan

Don't worry about the radio "log" or radio booklet. Once the code is there you will be ok. You will need the code if the battery is ever disconnected. If the car ever looses full power (to the battery/radio) the radio will ask to input the code via the front face of the radio before it will work properly again. Make sure you have the instructions from the salesman before you do the deal. He/she will not be bothered to tell you unless you ask.
As for the key, one key is not acceptable. This is an 07 car and there should be 2 keys. If you were to get a second key here in Ireland it would cost in access of €300 and it is a long and drawn out process. There is an imobiliser chip in the key that is mated to the cpu in your car. The car imobiliser will not let the car function unless it sees the correct key in the ignition. Make them get you a second key. No excuses. Anyway, what would yo do if you lost your original?
sorry just read your post again, yes the original has the centeral locking/boot release and yes they should get you that key.

You should have 2 Master keys, as with all VW's and Audi's. There should also be a 3rd key (a plastic one) that allows you to open the doors only.

I would insist on the Stereo code being supplied and tested as working before you purchase. It is definately worth asking the garage for a HPI check on the car. (This will insure that the car is not a crash repair, cut & shut, or if it has any outstanding finance owing) Make sure you get a copy of the outcome.

I would also request the number of the previous owner and i WOULD ring them to ask about the cars history.
The fact that it is an 07, it should have another years manufacturer warranty so, once you confirm all with the garage...sounds ok

That would put my mind at ease.

Tanks Cashmini1 and Robocop,
Ive had a Datacheck done by the AA and I assume that is the same as the HPI - Ive been faxed the V5 and all seems ok. Manufacturers warrenty do I give them info about a garage here or do I just contact them when I get home re: servicing etc.?

Thanks

Joan

Manufacturers warranty is international, so you should be ok

I'm in a similar position, planning on importing an A4 in the coming weeks. Just wondering what people think of the new changes coming in in July though. Would it be worth waiting the extra few months, or not?!

I'm in a similar position, planning on importing an A4 in the coming weeks. Just wondering what people think of the new changes coming in in July though. Would it be worth waiting the extra few months, or not?!

It would be well worth your while waiting until July if you plan on buying a diesel. Not only will the VRT be much less but so will the annual road tax. VRT will drop from 30% to 20% and road tax will go from around €590 to €290. This will have a big effect in the cars resale value down the road. Not sure what the figures are for petrols but most of them will see an increase in VRT/Road tax.

Job done!! But I brought a 1.9L engine and the VRT is 25% at the moment reducing to 20 in July. I expect the road tax prob will be rectified after a lot of hooha it stupid having 2 cars on the road with 2 different rates of road tax the lads in the tax office will be really confused!! I did think of waithing but I got a good car for a reasonable price now.... Good luck

Best of luck, although the 1.9 is very old fashioned and not particularly refined by comparison to 2nd gen. common rail units.

Joanod- have been looking at this myself, what type of savings did you get my doing it this way. i explored it (A4 using NI prices) it a couple of years ago and whilst there was a saving i did not see it being that great, however, i know many do it and get good savings

i too think i will wait till july to goacross the pond for a diesel,, just thinking to my self here now but i wonder will the car prices rise in the uk, especially the diesels if there is an increase in the imports???

also looking at an A4 but I'm now thinking of holding off until next Janaury and getting an '08 new model A4 diesel.

I'm a bit wary of getting the old model at this stage - or if going for it you'd want a good discount as its resale will be less because by the time you're finished with it the new model will be the standard and within reach of many punters.

Back