06 Diesel Passat with 30K, or 07 Diesel Passat with 50K?

got our passatt back.some taps or something gone in the top of the engine there was 8 of them,first time owning a passatt or a v.w. have had fords and toyotas before.the car is on its last chance next time something goes we are getting rid of it.not touching a v.w. again, our mechanic has had quiet a few pasatts in all giving trouble fuel pumps, electrics, etc.. never again not touching them the new lada i think.

Odd, seeing as the 2 cars have similar components, and identical engines.

I dunno - is it that odd?

I regularly hear it said of Nissan & Mazda for example that "sure they're basically a Renault/Ford anyway"

Yet the reliability of Nissan & Mazda, as marques, far exceeds their supposed original engine identities. In a similar vein aren't Fiat/Alfa Romeo supposed to basically have "good engines" but really it's the way their cars are put together (build quality/electrics) that is the problem?

Odd, seeing as the 2 cars have similar components, and identical engines.

Not really the SEAT CEO was quoted in Top Gear magazine saying that they are up with Toyota, with regards to reliability. This based on faults per 100 units, not something that is mentioned in the public domain without substance, so the quality over the brands is completely different.

Back