05 Audi A3

Anyone have problems with Audi A3 locking and unlocking the doors by itself? Got out of the car last week on the M1 to check a tyre and the doors locked while the car was running. Locking me out of the car. Anybody have simalar problems ?

This may be "comfort locking", see Honest John's review of the A4 B7:

"Comfort Locking can lock you out. If you get out of the car with the engine running and close the door it will automatically lock."

SSE

This may be "comfort locking", see Honest John's review of the A4 B7:

"Comfort Locking can lock you out. If you get out of the car with the engine running and close the door it will automatically lock."

SSE

that means that every time you arrive home and get out ot open the gates, you'll be locked out of your car??!?

Surely there is no sensible reason for this 'feature'.

that means that every time you arrive home and get out ot open the gates, you'll be locked out of your car??!?

Surely there is no sensible reason for this 'feature'.

I assume it's a safety feature. I'd expect it can be turned off somehow.

I had a Clio which locked at about 3MPH which was probably a better system.

SSE

Why would you get out of your car and leave the engine running, you are not insured if stolen?

I assume it's a safety feature. I'd expect it can be turned off somehow...
Yes - a couple of minutes with the diagnostic software plugged in can re-program the convenience unit's options - anti-hijack locking, welcome home lights, etc can all be switched off (or on if they are not already enabled).

Back