02 Prepay iphone 4 6GB

PetersGranny

I'm thinking of getting this for my sister as she wants a phone that tells you the minute you receive an e-mail.

I cant find tariffs on o2.ie Can anyone tell me how much o2 charge prepay users for sending receiving mails and how much facetime use costs? I don't want to "gift" her with a present that costs her a load of money. I'm abroad so can't pop into the shop.

Thanks very much.

Sorry just to add: or if anyone has a recommendation for a phone that tells you when an e-mail arrives but lets you type in the normal way I would appreciate it thanks.

Last edited:
Using the internet, using apps like FaceTime, using email etc all use data.

Data is normally 'free' when connected to wifi. Data normally costs when connected to the mobile network via 3G.

O2 data costs are . They are €1 per day for any usage up to 50 MB then €1 per MB. You can also buy a bundle of data of up to 700 MB data for 30 days for €10. O2 are expensive for data.

You might be best off checking out other providers such as Three who give unlimited data for 30 days every time you top up by €20, unlimited texts, unlimited weekend calls and €20 credit to spend.

Do you want a phone with a keyboard? or are you happy with a touch screen keyboard?

Thanks for the reply. One with a keyboard would be good but seems like there aren't many choices outside a blackberry which i think is expensive andnot too user friendly. Thanks for the Three recommendation. I willl have to check with her what she currnetly spends.

Back