02 Broadband - keeps crashing

boris

Got 02 Broadband but it has been crashing constantly for the last few nights.

Have tried moving to different USB ports but it seems to only work in one particular one.

Anyone any advice outside of ringing O2 (they have shut down for the night!!!)

What exactly do you mean by "broadband - keeps crashing"?!? Some more details on the problem and any error messages etc. might help...

Just keeps disconnecting and I have to reinput the PIN and start the process all over again. Really an annoyance when you are connected to a site that then required you to start all over again.

Have been talking to O2 a few days ago and they said that it is due to a Windows update that is effecting similiar hardware all over the world. So basically waiting for a patch to be issued.

Anyone else know about this???

Just keeps disconnecting and I have to reinput the PIN and start the process all over again. Really an annoyance when you are connected to a site that then required you to start all over again.

Have been talking to O2 a few days ago and they said that it is due to a Windows update that is effecting similiar hardware all over the world. So basically waiting for a patch to be issued.

Anyone else know about this???

Yes I heard it's to do with Windows Defender and apparently Microsoft are aware of it. I have the same problem with my O2 modem. It affects all USB connections eg mouse etc. No word on a patch though, I guess just keep checking for updates.

I did install a Defender update yesterday and it improved marginally but still have issues so may just be a case of wait and see.

I'm in the same situation, it can last for a hour or go down every few minutes, re-input the password etc anyway bringing it back only any good in the mornings, after 6 in the evenings total rubbish with 2 bars of hsdpa signal downloads at 1-2 kb/second it now makes 3 look good

Anyone have any updates on when this fix is going to be available. My system is now crashing and giving me blue screens with the following "Driner Unloaded Without Cancelling Pending Operations".

I am worried that if this continues it will lead to permanent damage.

I've heard Dell's MediaDirect app causes similar issues, Dell's advice is to uninstall MediaDirect.
Leo

Back