02 and claiming phone credit

S

starfish

Myself and friend have both availed of O2 offers where you get free phone credit when either purchasing a new phone or upgrading an existing one.

We've both had the same experience - filled out coupon to claim credit and sent if off to some address in Cork where it disappeared into a black hole.

In fairness, an email to O2 customer service (quoting your handset IMEI number) quickly sorts this out and I now have my credit - but it makes me think there are some nice savings to be made here on the people who don't bother to follow up or just forget about their free credit.

I don't see why they can't just activate your credit in the shop rather than go through this extra step - or better still just give you a cash discount on the phone?

shop

Possibly it depends on the shop where you buy the upgrade. I did the same thing during the summer but the O2 shop on Baggot St where I bought the upgrade offered to register the upgrade for me when I was there.

O2

Why didn't you just register it online? You get €20 extra for doing it that way.

Back