01 golf handling

empor2010

Hi all any ideas welcome on this one.

Have a 01 vw golf which had a full service recently. Last week I went around a roundabout and the rear of the car kicked out and I nearly lost it (doing about 25 kph). At the time I put it down as oil on the road and thought no more of it until today, when the same happened on a different roundabout and the car went totally out of control (ending up facing the car that was behind mine:eek:) The car has good tyres allround and had tracking done 2 weeks ago.
Can I also say that the 2 roundabouts had no turn offs i.e a straight road that somebody decided to waste money putting in a roundabout.

Thanks

2 things what make tyres have you on the car? some brands have different compounds and as they get to the end of the tread they can either be a lot harder(slippy) or a lot softer(sticky) the other thing is when did you last check your tyre pressures. regardless of the service check them first.

I also drive an 01 Golf, but I am answering your query more from a general viewpoint.

I have found some local roundabouts very slippery compared to others. Are these roundabouts new to you? Are you used to driving them?

I use about 10 roundabouts regularly on my weekly driving experience, and there are 2 that are notorious for being slippy compared to the rest. Others have also commentated on them. The slightest bit of damp or cold weather and they are like ice-rinks.

Just pointing out that it may not be your car necessarily.

Back