€500 worth of Roches Stores vouchers.

Re: Roches Stores

Had a similar experience to Lorz, bought plates set (what are they called!) and they were smashed to bits when I opened the box and couple of weeks later, when I brought them back to Roches in Tallaght they insisted that they didn't sell them to me and that I must have made a mistake as she knew all the lines and that she had never seen these. I had a receipt but the code came up as a miscellaneous item, which she said wouldn't have been the set. I then found the same sales assistant that sold them to me and she said that they had been taken off stock because everyone had brought tthem back smashed!

a) The consumer should have brought the receipt with them, as it is common policy to require one when good are being returned.

b) There should be an equal onus on the consumer to inspect goods before purchase.

The items were purchased as gifts and AFAIK at the time Roches were not providing gift receipts. The items were not being returned for a refund merely a replacement.

The onus is on the seller to ensure the goods are of merchantable quality and fit for the purpose intended!

As for incorrect bar codes - I had a similar problem in Roches where I bought a pair of curtains which were entered in the incorrect dept and the barcode was manually typed in. When I returned the curtains later with barcode and receipt, I was refunded the incorrect amount for a different item! Only noticed when I got home and it took 2 weeks for them to resolve!

This thread may be gone dead but for what is worth, I also have Roches vouchers and went to buy an item there last week. When the cashier saw that I had more vouchers that the value of the item I was purchasing, she offered me cash (approx. €250) which I gladly accepted.

Happy spending !!!!

I got cash for vouchers totalling nearly 100 euro - Henry St. branch.

Hi, I spotted this thread after doing a search. I just found an old Roches vouchers from last Christmas! €30 I'd rather not lose... does anyone know if there's any way of exchanging them for Debenhams vouchers or am I just too late?
Thanks!

Might be worth a try anyway but as previously cited on this thread, Debenhams agreed to honour Roches voucher until July 31st this year.

Back