€40k that we need to get into higher rate accounts. I was looking at inbs, risks?

Y

yummum2010

We have approx 40k that we need to get into higher rate accounts. I was looking at inbs which seems to have a good ate bt wondering if any risk with a building society? we are unlikely to need it anytime soon

Why on heavens do you think would they be any risk with a building society? Is Nationwide anymore riskier than Anglo AIB or BOI? Surely it is not going to fall down or catch fire. Have a look at the Savings best buys link you might find somewhere safe to deposit your lump sum.

ok why the snotty response? Reason I asked was a friend was advised tosteer clear or building soc by a financial adviser but she couldn't say why. \w\as wondering if their deposits didn't have the same protection as banks in event of collapse

I wasn't being snotty at all but a quick seach by you would reveal your fears as to whether or not it is 'safe' to deposit your money with Irish Nationwide.

Pity the finacial adviser dosen't read AAM!

Reason I asked was a friend was advised tosteer clear or building soc by a financial adviser but she couldn't say why.

The friend or the financial advisor? :D

Anyway, check out here to see what you're covered for with the various institutions:

[broken link removed]

Back