€200 Property tax Ireland

I thought this had to be paid by the end of September but listening to an add on the Radio I now believe that this hasn't to be paid until end of October. Can anyone confirm this.

The due date is 30th September but you have a months grace.

However, if you do not pay by 31st October the penalties of €20 per month start from 30the September.

Thanks for that, will drag another month out of it so and then pay with my visa 'let the last day be the sorest'

I really thought I didn't owe this but am now confused. I own a property in West Clare ( not rented, used a holiday home primarily by my parents) which I would consider my principal private residence for tax purposes but I live and reside in my parents house in Dublin. Do I still have to pay this tax? Bonkers!

So if somebeody who is in serious financial difficulty and has to move out their house, rent it out and then rent an additional cheaper property to live in... They have to pay this tax???

BTW. I will be selling the house to my parents within a few months and the mortgage will be paid off. It's their tax then :)

No its your home, just because you spend time during week in parents is your business, many ppl do the same. End of.

what if you jointly own the property with a non resident?

i'm irish resident, but jointly own an investment property with my non-resident sibling. should i pay all, or just half? is that possible?

your sibling owes half and you owe half. AFAIK it's impossible to pay half on the website anyway but surely the easiest solution is for you to pay it all and let your sibling reimburse you?

The P11 form has been mentioned a few times in this thread.
Can someone please explain what a P11 is and when it should be filled out in relation to this tax? Is it for landlords or ordinary homeowners?
I can't find it on the Revenue site. Thanks

My Girlfriend's mother and father co-own their main home and co-own their holiday home in Wicklow. Does the tax apply and in what way?

Back