no response to offer

shutter

I made an offer on a house recently but after a week I have not heard anything back from the EA. I’m a FTB so unsure if this is all part of the game played with negotiating a price.
Is vendor waiting to see how eager I am by chasing the EA or is it a case of we gave your offer considerable thought before rejecting?
I just thought in todays market, things moved a little quicker.

ring the agent and ask if there is any offers on the property, change your name first.

The EA or Vendor may have taken a decision to delay responding to or accepting offers until after the budget? even in bad times they seem to like messing people about!

Not being flippant but have you checked if the EA is still in business?

Or more likely the EA in question might have been let go and may not have logged your offer, its always best to call and not wait wondering.

Was your offer extremely low or how was it made, have you seen the house?
yes, have seen the house.. i tought the offer i made was fair.....maybe EA didn,t . anyway he has my number so im not going running after him!

anyway he has my number so im not going running after him!

I would keep pestering the EA until they give you an answer. If they still don't give you an answer retract your offer and be very vocal about doing so. Failing that knock on the vendors door and ask them what they are willing to sell for and cut out the middle man totally. Save you both money!!!

We are looking at houses at the moment.....EAs are very slow to answer their phones/emails....surprising, since one would think they would jump at any potential bit of business they can get?!

I would keep pestering the EA until they give you an answer. If they still don't give you an answer retract your offer and be very vocal about doing so. Failing that knock on the vendors door and ask them what they are willing to sell for and cut out the middle man totally. Save you both money!!!

it won't save ther vendor any money and the fact that you think it will save the buyer money is the very reason that an EA is employed in the first place.

ONe of our friends made an offer on a house to an estate agent a couple of months ago. The estate agent said the offer was too low and would not even tell the vendor about the offer. 3 weeks later Estate agent comes back to friend saying they are willing to take that offer :rolleyes:
Friend annoyed with EA first response says that offer is no longer on the table and offer €60k less. If EA had done his job in the first place the house would have been sold now at a reasonable price - it is still for sale now at a lower price then initial offer!! So there are still some silly EA's out there!!

hi luckycharm just wondering how low did your friend go on original offer compared 2 asking price...just interested as i'm ftb looking at houses and wondering what 2 bid in relation 2 asking price

I suppose my offer was a little cheeky - compared the asking price for comparible sites in the area minus 20% plus got a mate in the building trade to estimate the cost of the build. All in all offer was about 20% below asking but should cover the vendors costs plus a few K on top.

I'm just guessing that it as it was'nt rejected out right, I may not be too far off their minimum acceptable price.

I suppose my offer was a little cheeky - compared the asking price for comparible sites in the area minus 20% plus got a mate in the building trade to estimate the cost of the build. All in all offer was about 20% below asking but should cover the vendors costs plus a few K on top.

I'm just guessing that it as it was'nt rejected out right, I may not be too far off their minimum acceptable price.

or maybe they won't dignify it with a response.

Back