Electric Shower

toni_mrphy

Hi
Does anyone know how much it costs to get an electrician to install an electric shower ...

Thanks

T

Does anyone know how much it costs to get an electrician to install an electric shower ...

Would it not be a Plumber who would install a shower.
Or possibly both if wiring is required back to the fuse board.

So would depend on your circumstances, if prewired or if starting from fresh.

Give more details and you will get a better idea of cost.

Hi Toni, welcome to AAM. As Recam points out, a few more details will lead to more accurate responses. See this previous thread for some more.
Leo

Hi

Thanks for the reply .. I have just moved in the house ( newly constructed) and in the bathroom by where the shower should be I have some wires hanging out .. sorry thats all the info I have ..

Toni

Seeing as it's a new house and the wires are there, you will only need a plumber. Are there any water pipes as well? If there are, it should be a very straightforward job.
Leo

Did this myself a short while ago. I'm neither a plumber or electrician. A few phone calls to my father who is an electrician and was on my way.

I'm not suggesting you attemp it yourself but you should only need one of the trades to complete the job. Should cost you no more than 150/200 euro. Unless there is alot of cutting/chasing for pipework. Sounds like you already have the electrical feed so the pipework may well be in the wall also.

Got one installed about 18 months ago. Cost around 700 to supply and fit a standard Triton (if I remember correctly)

We got one installed in house about two years ago. An electric shower has to wired off the mains. Our electrician installed a seperate box beside the fuse box which the two electric showers are supplied off - this allows only one shower to run at a time. I have no idea on his cost. The plumber drilled the tank and installed the pipes and shower unit for €50. It took him about an hour. The triton itself we bought seperate.

Back