Carrickmines Manor

L

lynch_ba

Have put a booking deposit down on Carrickmines Manor, a 1 bed apt for 385k, good size, south facing and will not be ready until Spring 2008, so perfect in order to get the money ready. Anyone else looking at it?

I know about the retail units, is it such a big deal to have them underneath?

I purchased in the neighbouring Carrickmines Green last year. Apartment ready early 2007.

I was looking at the Carrickmines Manor development last weekend. The development seems quite dense particularly when viewed from the roof garden of the show apartment. However, with the The Park retail/office/hotel development across the road this area should become well serviced, see [broken link removed]

Did you enquire about the one bed apartments in Cairnbrook next door. They were selling from €390k. Looks a more exclusive development.

I believe Superquinn is moving into the Park next year. They are also building new offices a hotel and health club there. This will change this whole area for the better. Also LUAS should arrive in 2010.

Sounds all good to me.

Hi, I was a little bit worried about Carrickmines Manor - viewed them on a wet sunday 2 weeks ago and the leaks in the show apartment were pretty serious - one of the bedrooms, the floor between the bed and the cupboard was soaked, the ceiling was wet through, and in the lounge they even put a bowl to catch the drips!

I'd be very concerned about the finish quality of them - if thats the standard of the show apartment, what are the rest going to be like??

Don't mean to spook you, but they are very expensive for what you get, very high density.

The leaks sound a bit worrying, what did the sales people say? The key thing for me is the it is a decent apartment that I can put a booking deposit down on but will not be ready for at least 12 months. How far do you think the proposed LUAS stop will be from the entrance

The nearest LUAS stop will be at Ballyogan rather than Carrickmines (which will be a Park & Ride). Access will be through The Park centre, less than a 10 minute walk I would reckon.

The leaks sound a bit worrying, what did the sales people say? The key thing for me is the it is a decent apartment that I can put a booking deposit down on but will not be ready for at least 12 months.

I didn't ask the sales agents because a) I'm not looking to buy, and b) I don't like listening to their guff. The leaks were really bad, I honestly don't know why they allowed the show apartments to open that day, maybe they're desparate to shift them?? You should go out and have another look, esp if this weekend is wet... (although they may have patched them up - look at the ceilings, thats the giveaway sign)

I'm not sure what the reputation of the builders are, but as regards to the roof terrace on the 3 bed duplex, I thought of first year Geography class and the reason why the vast majority of buildings in Ireland have sloped roof's as opposed to flat roof's! ;)

Can anyone tell me how to get to Carrickmines Manor from Dundrum or Sandyford or Stepaside please? Doesn't appear on AA routeplanner. Thank you.

Take exit 15 south bound on the m50, at top of slip road go around the small round about and take the far right off it.

This will bring you over a flyover. You will then get to a big roundabout and go straight through this and up the hill. At the next roundabout, I think it is the estate just facing out onto this roundabout.

You will see Carrickmines industrial estate and retail park to your right.

I'm still picking myself off the floor from reading what people paid for a 1 bed apt a few years ago, aside from the roof issue... :eek:

Interesting that people were questioning the quality of them back then and the problems with leaky roofs.

I didn't ask the sales agents because a) I'm not looking to buy, and b) I don't like listening to their guff. The leaks were really bad, I honestly don't know why they allowed the show apartments to open that day, maybe they're desparate to shift them?? You should go out and have another look, esp if this weekend is wet... (although they may have patched them up - look at the ceilings, thats the giveaway sign)

I'm not sure what the reputation of the builders are, but as regards to the roof terrace on the 3 bed duplex, I thought of first year Geography class and the reason why the vast majority of buildings in Ireland have sloped roof's as opposed to flat roof's! ;)

It seems your worries have come true. The roof has blown off one of these apartment blocks this morning http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1125/carrickmines.html

Another great reason why you should never buy an apartment in this country.

...because a roof has never blown off a house? Unless you are on the top floor, you can probably move back in immediately.

There'll be nobody moving back in. All residents are being put up in bewley's hotel. They reckon they'll be out for a week..The left side of the roof is rising 4-5 inches with each gust of wind.. They're absolutely blessed that the roof blew into the back of the block because if it had blown to the front, at half eight in the morning there could've been some serious injuries..

...because a roof has never blown off a house? Unless you are on the top floor, you can probably move back in immediately.

It's one thing for a roof to blow off an old house. Another for a huge apartment roof to blow off a 3-year old apartment block.

Is this normal?

[broken link removed]

The roof, which appeared to be made from plywood and MDF, was ripped off one of the larger five-storey blocks in the complex.

Well spotted Mollser. Hopefully your posts saved someone from buying there.

Back