Key Post: Boston Hotels

M

Marion

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good , centrally located hotel in Boston? 3 or 4 star.
Is downtown/ Boston Common the area to look for?
Is driving in Boston the nightmare all guidebooks make out it to be?

Appreciate all replies.

Re: Boston Hotels

The Boston Park Plaza is centrally located, a good hotel.

v

The 'Doubletree Downtown'is a lovely Hotel very centrally located.4 Star I think.May be a bit pricey but deals available.Can avail of Gym and Leisure Centre with pool etc. attached.May not need a car if planning just to stay around Boston area as hotel is dead centre and public transport is very good to suburbs etc.If driving in Boston rush hour is heavy and plenty road works especially at airport.

Beacon Hill

Boston hotels are far to expensive. A couple of years ago I rented a private one bedroomed apartment just off Charles Street in the Beacon Hill area. About $110 per night. Close to everything. I cannot remember the website I looked at but I Keyed in Boston Bed and Breakfasts in Yahoo. Charles street is a great location, lots of antique shops, restaurants, close to Boston Common, a supermarket on your doorstep. Boston is very easy to get around you will not need a car.

Griz

Boston

Will be in Boston the week after next. Any recommendations for things to do. Thanks!!!

Doubletree Downtown

Stayed here in January, Flamin' Freezin (Minus 18c) but great reception here, Nice free warm cookies on check in. Right beside the stop "New England Medical Centre" for the T into Boston, 3 stops away only so really great location. Boston traffic not as bad as its made out really. Have a look at www.tripadvisor.com and type in Doubletree Downtown Boston for reviews of the hotel. I would highly recommend it if for nothing else it location and price. If you need more info just ask

Some other older posts

ssnrcs
Family Hotels in Boston

Anybody out there know a good family hotel in boston ?
Tried all the usual websites, but hard to figure out what's a good/bad deal - would prefer a personal recommendation !

ANON
Unregistered User
HOTEL BOSTON

Aahh Boston

A good place is the TAGE INN Boston/Somerville but of course haggle and ask for a high room ie above floor 3. 2 x double beds, fridge, en suite, big telly with HBO, breakfast, shuttle to and from airport, shuttle to and from the subway, about 30 mins from downtown. 89.95 usd per night, this is with discount. But here is the best bit

click on this site and u should get vouchers that give u big discounts that I mentioned above.

www.roomsaver.com/search_display.php

enjoy

ParkLane
Unregistered User
Boston Hotels are expensive

I rented an apartment just off Charles street in the Beacon Hill area of the city. Got the address from a search under Yahoo. I keyed in Bed and Breakfasts Boston also try B&B Boston. I cannot remember the actual site, about $100 per night for the apartment. Beacon Hill is a great location and close to all the sights etc

carriehair
Unregistered User
(15/6/03 7:42 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Boston Hotels
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I started the original posts on Boston Hotels in February 03. We did actually go there in March and stayed at the Omni Parker House Hotel. It was ideally located at Downtown Crossing and while the rooms were good it was a bit dated. We went looking for the other hotels which we had "read" about and found that the two which we liked best were The Sheraton (Aer Lingus Cabin Crew use) and The Back Bay Hilton. Both of these hotels offer good value, modern facilities and were in a great location. Ones like the DoubleTree were good but if you turned wrong at night when you came out of the hotel door you could end up in quite unsavoury areas.
Boston is a great place to visit and very easy to get around.... lots of roadworks though which can make driving there a bit awkward!!!!

Regards,
Cari

Boston Hotels

My favourite hotel (well worth the extra expense) is The Eliot.

[broken link removed] has just opened.

Just wondering if anybody's been in Boston recently. I've booked flights for December and I'm looking for accomodation. Favourite so far is the Tage Inn in Somerville. It's coming up as $80 a night which doesn't seem to be too bad. Looking at spending up to $300/$350 for three nights.

Boston Hotels

Dougal - Try the Holiday Inn in downtown Boston near Government Centre [broken link removed].

You want to stay in the Back Bay area. This is where all the good chain hotel's are located. The only problem is that they are expensive. I usually stay at the Hilton which can cost up on $200 a night. You can walk to Newbury street in 5 mins.

Drivers in Boston are agressive but the main problem is the roads as they are like nothing I have ever seen anywhere in the states before. They change by the day and branch and divert at a moments notice.

Thanks guys. Just the info I'm after. I guess I could stretch to the Back Bay Hilton. The extra few quid probably would have been spent on to-ing and fro-ing from Somerville.

I have yet to poke around the web for info on shopping but is the Back Bay area that kind of place. I had seen references to it being the trendy place in town (re: bars, clubs). Not really into that side of things. We'd be more into the shopping and sight-seeing.

Thanks again. Since it's a hotels thread/key post I should probably restrict suggestions to hotels in the downtown area.

Boston Hotels

The Eliott mentioned above is a truly beautiful hotel. There is an Irish girl in reservations called Fiona; worth a try.The general manager of Jurys is also Irish(funny that !) called Stephen. BAck Bay leads into/onto Newbury Street which would be fairly swishy - keep walking and you will arrive at Boston Common, a lovely walk in to Downtown from there. Everything is fairly compact.

Boston

Make sure you buy the Boston Globe every morning while you are there or the Post as they will no doubt have COUPONS. Coming up to Christmas the likes of Filenes will have a sale where they might discount everthing by say 25% but if you have the coupon from the paper it may be another 25%. The discounting that they have in the States is huge and if you were to open a Filenes account with them............. Filenes Basement can be worth a look downstairs. Another good store for bargains is Marshalls. THe Arsenal Mall out near Brighton is worth a visit without having to go too far. Harvard Square is very pleasant and Cambridge in general. Oh I love Boston and I see Aer Lingus have some great fares emmmmmmmm...........

Re: Boston

Thanks again guys. It was the Aer Lingus sale that prompted all of this.

The Big Dig.

If you need to use the internet for free you can call in to the main library. You get to use for about 15 minutes.
Walk the freedom trail. At the end of it is a harbour area with nice old fashioned boats and museum. The Boston Acquarium is also very good. Just beyond Fanueil hall is the Italian area also very interesting. The city really radiates outward from Boston Common a good place to start from.

"There is an Irish girl in reservations called Fiona; worth a try."
Thanks Hector

Rgds
Red

Aer Lingus Flights to Boston

Hi Dougal,

Would you mind sharing how much you paid in the Sale? - Im booking a flight to Boston via aer lingus & found suitable dates that come to 332 Euro, all inclusive. How does this compare?

Jane

Back