Milner's Square, Santry

It's opposite the Garda Station. You can access it off the main Swords Road (turn before Omni) or by turning left off Collins Avenue. It's a good area, near shops, cinema, DCU etc. There are some purpose built student apartments further up the road, and the rest of the housing stock in the area are three bed semis, it's very settled. The actual location of the apartment block is a bit too like an industrial estate to be considered attractive, but it's near one of the proposed Metro stops which, if it ever happens (!) would be a good amenity.

Hi dilemma77, the next phase is going on sale 2mo(but you probably know that). Prices for a 2 bed ground floor apt are starting at €375(daylight robbery!), its a nice mature area, but I would'nt pay those prices for them. You could get an apt closer to town for the same price.

Hi
Good area but pricey, In regard to the metro I don't think any of the proposed stops will actual be very close to the development, have u looked at Northwood Santry there is due to be a further release in a month or two, might be better value and actual is nearer to proposed metro stops??

The Badger said:
Hi
Good area but pricey, In regard to the metro I don't think any of the proposed stops will actual be very close to the development, have u looked at Northwood Santry there is due to be a further release in a month or two, might be better value and actual is nearer to proposed metro stops??
Has anyone bought one of these

have a place in Northwood. Nice place, large apartments, park is great, great bus service, usual BS with management companies but it is improving. New gym open.

down sides are lack of local shop...allegedly on the way... and the capital appreciation has not been the same as other parts of Dublin due to the number of apartments being built

Our capital appreciation has been amazing.
We are in Lymewood Mews and considering upgrading. We got quotations from 2 estate agents for upwards on 380K - we bought for 275! I think that's pretty good!

newkid30 said:
Our capital appreciation has been amazing.
We are in Lymewood Mews and considering upgrading. We got quotations from 2 estate agents for upwards on 380K - we bought for 275! I think that's pretty good!

This thread is on Milner's Sqaure as there are other threads on the above

re: Milner's Square - I noticed that both the full page ad in the newspapers, and the property supplement editorials referred to the development 'being near a proposed Luas line'. Really? Shouldn't someone tell the railway procurement agency? The developmers have been peddling the 'luas' thing since these apartments first went for sale - but to keep it in, when the Metro consultation process is actually up and running is really really lazy. Still, just another example of 'buyer beware' I guess.

speirbhean said:
re: Milner's Square - I noticed that both the full page ad in the newspapers, and the property supplement editorials referred to the development 'being near a proposed Luas line'. Really? Shouldn't someone tell the railway procurement agency? The developmers have been peddling the 'luas' thing since these apartments first went for sale - but to keep it in, when the Metro consultation process is actually up and running is really really lazy. Still, just another example of 'buyer beware' I guess.

At least these apartments are close to several bus routes, 3,16,41,33 & 746 which is more than can be said for a lot of new developments.

I have placed a dposit on one of the two bed apartments in block D. It is very expensive indeed but they are finished incredibly well. I hope that it is not a bad idea as I am a fist time buyer and I am not very familiar with the market.

I have also signed contracts on a two bed in Block D. Does anyone know if there is a proposed completion date for the Metro and the exact spot of the Metro stop?

i believe they are supposed to announce this month what is the chosen route (of the 3) for the metro. Not sure if this will include all of the proposed stops. Check out the metro website [broken link removed]

The Cenrtral Route is the prefered route of RPA , all propoesed routes have outlined there proposed stops , for instance central will have stop ballymun central and ballymun north (adj to northwood) airport, airside etc. not sure which stops are nearest to Milner's Square though

From the looks of the RPA site, and a few comments on another thread, it seems that they are now considering a hybrid of the Eastern and Central routes (Eastern to Griffith Ave and cuts back to DCU and Central route). At first glance I think it's a good route anyways, but probably worth mentioning that regardless of location of stops, etc., completion would be 6 years away at the least (2012 mooted), so better be sure the buses go where ye need for the time being :D

hi all. has anyone any views on the development in Milners Square. Paid deposit in Nov 05 due to finish Feb 07 no sign of finish yet. Has anyone who purchased taken any action. Recd. a letter in Jan saying possibly finished in April, but passed them today no chance.

Would really like my money back at this stage.

Adi

hi all. has anyone any views on the development in Milners Square. Paid deposit in Nov 05 due to finish Feb 07 no sign of finish yet. Has anyone who purchased taken any action. Recd. a letter in Jan saying possibly finished in April, but passed them today no chance.

Would really like my money back at this stage.

Adi

Back