Zurich 5*5 Global fund vs Standard life Vanguard Global fund Fee Structure (Regular saver)

Cyclingmagpie

Morning all,

I know i can get Zurich exeuction only with 100% allocation and just 1% AMC from Zurich but can see to find if i can get the same from Standard lifes Vanguard global fund ?

I see its 0.90% fee from Vanguard but would their be addictional fees from Standard life?

This is a regualr saver monthly contribution for €500.

Thanks

From when I was researching it, there was no additional charge for that fund with Standard Life, 0.9% included everything (may be different for other Vanguard funds, e.g. the emerging markets index is more expensive I think). One thing to watch out for is the allocation rate, I think it's 101% allocation for 500 and up monthly payments but 100% for single premiums or monthly contributions below 500.

PS: I guess it'd make more sense to compare like with like though - so if the SL option is the global fund, you should probably compare it to the Blackrock indexed global equity fund which Zurich's equivalent to the SL Vanguard global fund (they both track the same index, MSCI world).

PPS: Sorry one other thing to flag is exit fees. With SL I think there's decreasing exit fees up until year 5? With Zurich it depends on your broker / savings plan but I'm on a monthly saver product with no exit fees.

From when I was researching it, there was no additional charge for that fund with Standard Life, 0.9% included everything (may be different for other Vanguard funds, e.g. the emerging markets index is more expensive I think). One thing to watch out for is the allocation rate, I think it's 101% allocation for 500 and up monthly payments but 100% for single premiums or monthly contributions below 500.
Thanks

PPS: Sorry one other thing to flag is exit fees. With SL I think there's decreasing exit fees up until year 5? With Zurich it depends on your broker / savings plan but I'm on a monthly saver product with no exit fees.
Yea spotted that , seems to be more flexibility with Zurich overall , You went with Zurich? were you tempted by standard life?

I went with Zurich but not necessarily for the best/most rational reasons: I already had a pension there so felt more familiar with the platform etc.

The funds are completely different. One is actively managed, 5 companies in 5 sectors. High concentration, more risk. The other is a global index.

What you are really looking at is the charging structure. For €500 a month with Standard Life you can get 101% allocation, 0.9% amc.

Zurich Life have a million different charging structures. They don't have a 0.9% contract.

The funds are completely different. One is actively managed, 5 companies in 5 sectors. High concentration, more risk. The other is a global index.

What you are really looking at is the charging structure. For €500 a month with Standard Life you can get 101% allocation, 0.9% amc.

Zurich Life have a million different charging structures. They don't have a 0.9% contract.
Thanks Steven, Which fund would work out better fee wise ?

Is some of the fees built in to the Zurich product that we cannot see?

Is some of the fees built in to the Zurich product that we cannot see?

I'll assume that what you mean is that are there some fund specific fees that you cannot see (?)

5*5 Global is an actively managed fund that currently has a selection of 50 equities (spread over 5 sectors) across the globe with 2% in Cash. It has a current Other Ongoing Cost charge of 0.04%. Because it's actively managed it's going to have higher Portfolio Transaction Costs than an Index Tracker (yes, stocks slip into and out of the index all the time so they apply here too) and these costs aren't explicitly disclosed as a percentage by any provider. Where you can see them though is in the performance/unit price figures on the Zurich Life website as they have to be included in these.

I'll assume that what you mean is that are there some fund specific fees that you cannot see (?)

5*5 Global is an actively managed fund that currently has a selection of 50 equities (spread over 5 sectors) across the globe with 2% in Cash. It has a current Other Ongoing Cost charge of 0.04%. Because it's actively managed it's going to have higher Portfolio Transaction Costs than an Index Tracker (yes, stocks slip into and out of the index all the time so they apply here too) and these costs aren't explicitly disclosed as a percentage by any provider. Where you can see them though is in the performance/unit price figures on the Zurich Life website as they have to be included in these.
Could I just buy these myself or do they need to be within my current pension wrapper? I have a New Ireland PRSA via a broker but would like to invest in ETFs. If I do it separately I know i'm open to deemed disposal but is this still the case if it's done via or inside my pension?

Forgive my terminology, I'm unsure if this is even a thing.

Could I just buy these myself or do they need to be within my current pension wrapper? I have a New Ireland PRSA via a broker but would like to invest in ETFs. If I do it separately I know i'm open to deemed disposal but is this still the case if it's done via or inside my pension?

Forgive my terminology, I'm unsure if this is even a thing.
No deemed disposal within a pension.

Back