Zero gas for 2 months

wishbone

I have just received my gas bill for 19 Jul to 15 Sep. It is an estimated bill. The estimated number of Kwh used is 0!! Nothing - imagine! Looking at the bill I see they have broken it down into two sections, the old price up until the 1st Sept and then the new more expensive price after that.
Now would it not be in Bord Gais' interest to under estimate so that come mid Sept they can actually revise their estimate and then charge the overlooked rest at the higher rate.

Maybe I'm too suspicious...but the last time they made a change they took me off Winter Saving Tariff which made my bill more expensive...so I wonder if they're doing this in their favour again.

Anyone else get an unusually low estimate for the last couple of months??
(And we did use gas this time last year...)

Re: Zero gas for 2 months!!!

Why don't you check your reading and inform Bord Gais of the correct reading?

I agree that could be done, if I had a Gas Key which I must get, but my point is not so much that - just it's odd that such a low estimate, couldn't be any lower in fact, coincides with a price hike period...anyway, I was just curious to know if others had unusually low bills.

Mine for the last qtr was €30 and I was planning to read my own meter and advise them.

I often pay a couple of hundred this time of year to ease the pain of winter.

Back