On the clock,to my surprise it hasn't
Been done?
Am I correct in insisting that the garage
Do it now as I'm very annoyed it wasn't
When I purchased?
What are my rights?

Thanks
F

If you were told something was done and now you find it wasn't, id insist (in a nice manner) that you need it done now.

Is that 160k km or miles? I don't know the recommended intervals to change on a Zafira but can't imagine it is still on the original at that mileage.
If you can't establish when it was last done I would change it for piece of mind.
I doubt you will have any joy from the garage unless its still under warranty, which I guess it's not after 15k miles.
It's one of the first things you should check before purchasing a car.

Still under warranty until oct through
Mapfre its 160 kilometres.

I won't be letting garage off hook

This all hinges on whether you were told it was done or not.

If I bought a used car with 145k on it, and the manual said the belt was to be done by then, I wouldn't automatically expect the selling garage to have done it. It was up to you to decide if the car was in good mechanical condition, relative to it's price.

I don't see what the warranty has to do with it either?

In general that belt should have been done before now. The selling garage should have checked this as part of their pre delivery services as they readied the car for sale, at a guess I would say they did.

It is always recommended to have the timing belt changed when purchasing a used car privately at least and it would be a reckless dealer that would allow a car out without checking the belt.

Specific to your car well you have a warranty until October, I would ask the selling garage to review their service log and establish if the T/Belt had been changed or checked, If not get an estimate to get this done asap and I would say they would be fair as to the labour costs.

garage doing it as i believe ive caught them with their ass
out the window as it were

result

f

Back