Your thoughts on extraterrestrial life...

Jeez everyone - its as obvious as hell....... we are just an experiment being conducted by a superior alien life force..... think of us as the ants in a pet antfarm....... every once and a while the baby alien gets hold of the jar - puts us in their fridge (hence the ice age) to near their heater (polar ice caps melting), gives us a shake (earthquakes & tsunami's)....mixes up some other species from the other jar (George Bush, Pat Kenny etc)

....now doesn;t it all make sense!

What about the theory going around physics about there being multiple dimensions in space and the big bang was caused by a collision between two dimensions? Could be extraterrestrial life in other dimensions.

What about the theory going around physics about there being multiple dimensions in space and the big bang was caused by a collision between two dimensions? Could be extraterrestrial life in other dimensions.

not sure about that 'cause I know for a FACT that I work with some really strange species - definitely not human!

Who counts these stars ("Billions of stars").

Of course there are E.T.'s, perhaps not ones that we would imagine (6 foot manlike, big eyes, long fingers, no english, plays with probes!) but if they simply find some sort of microscopic organism then is that not prooving that there is life outside of the world (I nearly said Ireland!).

Who counts these stars ("Billions of stars").

NASA.

I agree that life outside earth may be very different from our own e.g. it may not be carbon based, maybe silicon based (it could be argued that some of our own "life forms" are mostly silicon based).

I agree that life outside earth may be very different from our own

I'd say it's pretty much guaranteed.

What annoys me is the way scientists proudly declare that since there is no evidence of water on X planet, and because the atmosphere is 'poisonous', ipso facto, there cannot be life.

How do they know?

Look at earth: deep sea fish who live in pressures that would crush a human in seconds.

Cockroaches are infamous for the extremes of conditions they can live in and diets they can exist on.

Even plants live on what we exhale and cannot live on, and produce what we need.

Surely on other planets conditions for life are likely to be even more bizarre?

Agreed. I think some scientists need to improve their imaginations and get creative. We can't assume that just because water is essential for life on earth that it's essential elsewhere.

Add to that list [broken link removed] that live in
extemely saline conditions,
extremely high temperatures (almost boiling water)
bacteria that use iron as food
bacteria that live in ice
etc

Back