Your country, your call, win €200k for a transformation idea

Mpsox

I'm just putting this up here in case people haven't heard about it. Seemingly Martin McAleese will be on the late late show this Friday to talk about it.

http://www.yourcountryyourcall.com/

If some mod wants to move it to another forum, feel free

I'm just putting this up here in case people haven't heard about it. Seemingly Martin McAleese will be on the late late show this Friday to talk about it.

http://www.yourcountryyourcall.com/

If some mod wants to move it to another forum, feel free

Its sounds similar to this campaign a while back, whatever became of it though?
http://www.ideascampaign.ie/

I just looked through the above site your country your call, & in the video link it calls on all persons over the age of 18, employed & unemployed to submit proposals. How can it be justified for an unemployed person entering such a competition, winning €100,000 and then wavie all his/her rights to the proposal, & then back to been unemployed

Let's see what happens. Martin McAleese could be just sitting back and enjoying the good life. At least he is trying something different and seems to have gathered together some influential people with proven track records. From what I hear, he seems to have done good behind the scenes work for the Peace Process getting paramilitaries on board without courting ego boosting publicity.

Let's face it, the political parties don't seem to be capable of being innovative or creative in getting the economy moving or new jobs.

If an unemployed person or a low paid public sector person comes up with an idea to turn this economy around, €100,000 is not alot to either of these persons, especially if you have to wavie your rights regarding the proposal.

Surely it would have been better to reward this person, & have this person somehow involved in the project?

Any comments?

Can anyone explain the Intellectual property rights in section 7.0 of the Terms & Conditions, in plain english?

I was looking through the site (briefly) and did not notice a reference to "partners" anywhere...
however a quick look on whois revels that this is sitting on an AIB server... does anyown else think this is a little odd, or am i just parinoid??

domain: yourcountryyourcall .ie
descr: Allied Irish Banks plc
descr: BODY CORPORATE
(LTD,PLC,COMPANY)
descr: Discretionary Name
admin-c: AJZ344-IEDR
tech-c: AJS558-IEDR
renewal: 13-November-2010
nserver: NS1.NETNAMES.NET
nserver: NS2.NETNAMES.NET
nserver: NS5.NETNAMES.NET
source: IEDR
person: Denise Redmond
nic-hdl: AJZ344-IEDR
source: IEDR
person: Ben Anderson
nic-hdl: AJS55

I think this is a pointless exercise.Maybe they are hoping that someone will develop a new type of industry that will employ 500,000 and pay very high wages and lovely interesting work and will be a product that is in very high demand by foreigners,despite its very high price.Of course such an industry would allow the celtic tiger to boom again with ever higher house prices and a huge pickup in construction activity.Then the tax revenue would flow in and the government would start a spending frenzy helped by easy money from abroad.Of course it would all end in tears whe other countries started producing the same product.
People need to forget about the above fantasy because it is not going to happen. Even our exporting sucess with computers and chemicals was based on foreign multinationals being enticed here by our low tax rate...there was no indigenous innovation, except for a few small niche areas.
Fortunately we are in a very good situation in a way. There is plenty of food,goods in the shops and houses to live in. It is just an exercise in getting people working at work that needs to be done and paying appropiate wages and to stop the excess paypackets and pensions that alot of people with influence have engineered for themselves.Even people who invent some gadget that is useful always plan to mass produce it in china...well that is what the dragons in the den say and they have the money!
Our roads ARE FULL OF POT HOLES After the recent cold weather. Why can`t the unemployed be organised to repair them Martin...that should employ thousands and you can PM me the prize!

Back