Yale Kit 5 Security System anyone?

Effie

Hi, I am considering getting the above kit.

I am wondered if there are any forum members with any experience of using this wireless security system?

I am specifically concerned re using a landline here given that it is made for the Uk market and they have a different telephone cabling system to us.

I know I can use an adapter from the UK to Ireland for telephones but my experience of that is that my UK BT phone wont 'ring' here and I depend on another phone to let me know there is a caller on the line.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Thanks Buddyboy.

Yes, your link was indeed very useful.

Can I ask, does your system ring out on it's own if triggered or does it go via a monitering service via your landline to connect with your chosen contacts?

The new Kit 5 unfortunately is not available here and won't be according to Rawlplug who are in charge of importing the Yale security kits here. From it's specs, I think Kit 5 might be a bit better than Kit 4 hence I am considering getting it from the UK.

Thanks again

The Kit 4 isn't monitored. It rings out via your landline and plays a pre-recorded message. This message says that the alarm has been triggered by either a burglar or smoke alarm, depending on which was activated. You can perfrom a number of actions at that point, like listening in, or turning off the bell, or the full alarm. It is then up to you to take any action, you see fit, like calling the guards or firebrigade etc.

Thanks Buddyboy,
I will have to now make up my mind which one to go for as Yale 5 is offering free monitering for the first year which is very tempting to go for.
Thanks again.

Thanks Leex for your suggestions.

No, I left the original Uk plug on them ( I have 2 UK BT phones) and put a adapter on them which terminated in an eircom plug and then put that into the socket on the wall.

Was that what you had in mind?

Back