www.onlinetradesmen.com

Squonk

I'm having trouble getting a carpenter to hang 16 doors in my house in Cork. I checked out and I'm wondering if anyone out there has used this service before and would they recommend it over, say, using the Golden Pages. Thanks...

At least if you use the Golden Pages you don't have to give them (in advance !!!) your email address, name, address, phone numbers and (most tellingly) your budget for the job!

Regarding the budget for the job...the site says that this info is not communicated to the tradesman; it only used to ensure there is not a serious discrepency between the customer and tradesmans' expectations. Now, whether I believe that is another story.....

I put in my details to get costings for an extension in West Cork and heard nothing back!

:D :D :D I wonder if they're going to add new functionality in the form of emailed appointments to come out and view jobs, 'hopefully on Tuesday but definitely before Friday'...

I also requested quotes but just got back automated responses saying that they'll be in touch. I'm still waiting. :rolleyes: You would probably be best off getting a few quotes anyway from the Golden Pages.

I started this thread on the 31/5....more than a week later I've still heard zippo from them...what a waste

Hi Ik17.....16 days after I started this thread I still haven't heard anything whatsoever from onlinetradesmen.com.....their 'members ' must be very selective in the jobs they undertake i.e. expensive jobs only. Ik17...was yours a big job?

Found it good - used it for a tiler and a wooden floor guy. both did good jobs. Got a few replies on each request after about 10 days and went with the cheapest. From reading the above I guess not every submission is successful - confirms the long held theory that there just ain't enough good tradesmen on this Island...

Back