www.irishfuelprices.com

eggerb

www.irishfuelprices.com is no longer available.

There is a message at the URL that reads "Thank you for your support over the last 7 years.
The great success of the site has been to make consumers more aware of prices but the site needs to be up to date and due to time constraints on our part, this is no longer possible."

For those who didn't know it, it tracked the price of fuel around the country based on members' contributions. Does anybody know of any similar site?

Cheers Clubman. Malahide and Tesco Clearwater seem to be cheapest in Dublin at under 120c. I'm guessing that the price for the petrol station on Ushers Quay is wrong @ 179.9!

The Ushers Quay station is infamous for being the most expensive in Dublin so it may be correct

The Ushers Quay station is infamous for being the most expensive in Dublin so it may be correct

I have heard that many government vehicles fill up here (ie Gardai, Fire Brigade etc) along with tourists just off the ferries. The government employees all use a petrol card and so don't care about the price and the tourists just don't know any better!

Cheers Clubman. Malahide and Tesco Clearwater seem to be cheapest in Dublin at under 120c. I'm guessing that the price for the petrol station on Ushers Quay is wrong @ 179.9!

Nope, that is the ballpark in which they charge.
Leo

Check the dates on the updated prices on pumps.ie before you drive off looking for cheap fuel. The cheapest fuel on the list according to pumps.ie is in a garage on the N30, a ring road around New Ross. These price are wrong. There are three garages on that ring road and the cheapest is Tesco ( petrol at 121.9 and diesel at 124.9). I filled up my motor on Sunday night there on my way from Enniscorthy to Waterford.

Check the dates on the updated prices on pumps.ie before you drive off looking for cheap fuel. The cheapest fuel on the list according to pumps.ie is in a garage on the N30, a ring road around New Ross. These price are wrong. There are three garages on that ring road and the cheapest is Tesco ( petrol at 121.9 and diesel at 124.9). I filled up my motor on Sunday night there on my way from Enniscorthy to Waterford.
So why not contribute to that site and file the corrected/up to date prices?

Mad. I think I would be putting in the mimimum - what's that two litres? 2 @ 179.9 = €3.60 = 2 litres for the price of three!!
Why buy from them at all when they are so expensive (other than in an emergency low fuel situation)?

So why not contribute to that site and file the corrected/up to date prices?

I do, and did input the correct prices on pumps.ie for that Tesco garage but I couldn't recall the exact prices for the petrol/diesel prices for the other two garages and so couldn't accurately update them.

I wonder how accurate these really are?

I appreciate that they probably need the public to keep them updated, but I find it hard to believe that in Malahide you can get unleaded for 116.9 and diesel for 107.9 !!! when it is sky high everywhere I've seen.

Why buy from them at all when they are so expensive (other than in an emergency low fuel situation)?
Totally agree. That's why I would be only putting in the minimum. Neglected to say in an emergency situation.

I wonder how accurate these really are?

I appreciate that they probably need the public to keep them updated, but I find it hard to believe that in Malahide you can get unleaded for 116.9 and diesel for 107.9 !!! when it is sky high everywhere I've seen.

Site is lacking the facility to add the date entered it seems. This sounds very cheap to me too. Too good to be true. More than likely an old price.

Site is lacking the facility to add the date entered it seems.

If you click on the station name on the left of the list a pop up on Google maps appears on the right with the station details including the date and time of the last update.

We have just added petrol and diesel prices to our site ([broken link removed]). We rely on the public to update the prices but it is simple and the response so far has been very good, already done one radio interview about it so there definetly is an interest in tracking prices at the moment. We've also tried to make it as easy as possible, so all prices are shown on one page with update dates and search by county, can be easily accessed on the move e.g. from an iPhone... would be great to have this info on Sat Navs too bt not sure if people would download regularly enough.

Any comments on how to improve etc. are more than welcome..

I passed this station on Monday evening and that price is correct. As CMR has stated this station is famous for its high prices. The traffic was very heavy on the quays as you'd expect yet there wasn't a single customer in there. Thought struck me that they'd surely make more money from volume of business if they reduced their prices?

Back