would you bring a 1 year old to asia?

speedy

our friends from australia would love to meet up somewhere half way next june. now when you look at the map half way is around iraq/iran which would not be our ideal holiday destination:D

our daughter will be one then and the aussies suggested maybe we could meet somewhere like malaysia/thailand. but we are kinda reluctant to go there because she will be so young. does anyone out there have experience of bringing such a young baby so far and how did you get on?

if asia is out of the question, is there anywhere else people could suggest to meet up? our budget would be around€2000 per person.

would love to hear your opinions!

West Coast USA ?
Canada ?
Dubai ?

I think you would want to be going somewhere with pretty well developed facilities if bringing a baby.

Try Singapore. You'll find it's probably more advanced than Ireland. It's a safe, clean city/country with plenty to see and do.

would love to hear your opinions!

I think the journey would be unfair to the baby as well as the time lag of going east. Parents etc need a holiday too, so I would ask a trustable & if possible willing family member. If the break is for to long that you'd miss them or no family members...would only consider if it's a good easy pleased child. Otherwise the stress is not worth it.:confused:

Try Singapore. You'll find it's probably more advanced than Ireland. It's a safe, clean city/country with plenty to see and do.

Concur with Singapore.....good shopping too but not as good as HK - which is not as child friendly.:(

Dubai, Bahrain, Oman , Abu Dhabi, Malasiya, Singapore, Thailand,

All safe and child friendly countries.

BTW as a busisness person who's idea of hell is a crying baby on a long haul flight, my experience is that the sound and motion of the plane causes most babies to sleep except on take off and landing.

Be sure to prebook a bulkhead seat with a baby bassinett that fits on a table in front of you.

BTW Iran,... believe it or not is also safe and child friendly but the night life is a bit dull!

Dubai would probably be your best bet - you will be able to get direct flights to it, so that will save the transfer hassle (which is where the real problem with babies comes in). 1 year olds are not too bad. It's the walking, but not talking/reading stage that's a nightmare (18 months-3 years).

Singapore is probably better set up for children (the transfer area in the airport has a child-play area!), but you would have to get a transfer.

Asian/middle eastern cities are much more child-friendly than european ones. Maybe to do with not having an alcohol based culture?

thanks for all your replies. i agree that the transfers are the real nuisance. when we last flew to oz we had a 7 hr wait in manchester, i would hate that wait with a young baby.

i think dubai is very hot in june. looks like we could be travelling on our own and may have to call in some family favours;)

thanks again!

I would say go on your own if possible, we took our grand children to Disney this year and no one got a break. Children age 4 and 1 year, the 1 year old got the chicken pox day after arrival so could not get a baby sitter at night.
We ended up eating in hotel restaurant each night so parents could put him to sleep in buggy beside table and then wheel him up to bed after meal.

Back