Would i be mad to book a flight with BA?

B

beano2000

I am looking to book some long haul flights for August. Would i be mad to book with BA and risk them being on strike?

As far as I'm concerned even in normal times BA has been the airline of last resort.

When are you planning to go ?

The current round of strikes are over now. Don't think there is any chance of another before the middle of August.

Beano2000, depending on what route you're taking, BA codeshare with other airlines, so say for instance you were going to Asia or Australia, you might book with BA but it could actually be a Qantas plane you're on, hence the strikes would probably not effect you. Course, then you could say why not just book with Qantas int the first place, I think they are better to be honest. Or otherwise Etihad and Singapore are very good, Air France too, if you're going USA/SA way I would go AL or Delta, avoid Continental

Or otherwise Etihad and Singapore are very good, Air France too, if you're going USA/SA way I would go AL or Delta, avoid Continental

What's wrong with Continental. We have flown with them on several occasions, and found them OK.

I think you would be mad to book a flight with BA. Imagine listening to 'I pity the fool' or 'I aint getting on no plane, Hanibal' for the whole journey.

What's wrong with Continental. We have flown with them on several occasions, and found them OK.

Slightly off-topic, I flew continental to Newark in March. It was a plane no bigger than something like an Airbus A321, as it had 3 rows of seats each side, so walking around was awkward to say the least. It was rather bumpy and I cant help think the AL bigger Airbus is better. Also its on-board entertainment takes an age to load/change from one to another, again no match for A Lingus.

Some may think i am being picky, IMHO these little things make a difference.

I am looking to book some long haul flights for August. Would i be mad to book with BA and risk them being on strike?

Where are you heading?

As a general rule, I try and fly long haul with Virgin, Emirates, Etihad or Singapore if I can.

Given BA's issues, I'd be reluctant to book a flight with them. Say your flight's cancelled...you could end up paying through the nose for a last minute booking with another airline.

As a general rule, I try and fly long haul with Virgin, Emirates, Etihad or Singapore if I can.
On a recent long haul flight with Qatar airways I was very impressed with the comfort/service received. Made the 19 odd hours of flight time far more bareable.

I'd have no hesitation in commending them to friends/family from my own experience. They were also, suprisingly, the cheapest airline for the specific trip we had to make.

We have just flown with BA to Vancouver, it was to much stress with all the strikes happening (and Volcanic ash), we was lucky as we was on the evening flight but the morning one had been cancelled. would not book with BA again as more strikes in the summer planned, and the service on board was second class.

Apologies for not getting back to this, i completely forgot about it. It is actually Thailand i am travelling to. The prices for seats have changed since i first posted this. It is now etihad that are working out cheaper so i'll probably go with them.

Going to San Fran in Nov with BA. Hadn't even thought of being worried until reading this......hope the strikes don't last past summer.

Back