Worst Company to contact by phone?

Have to agree that I find EBS very reliable.

Not so sure about the corporation, I phoned them about a water supply problem in my area, they took my number and I started receiving calls the next day from other people who had been given my number by the corporation as the contact point. I saw the funny side but still.

Not so sure about the corporation, I phoned them about a water supply problem in my area, they took my number and I started receiving calls the next day from other people who had been given my number by the corporation as the contact point. I saw the funny side but still.

Not sure I would. The corporation were handing out your number as the man who could fix their problem. That is not right on so many levels.

When a person takes a query from someone they should retain ownership of that query until it is resolved. Passing the monkey on to someone else's shoulder is a great way of dodging work.

I suspect the people in the Corporation thought it was the number for their works engineer based on what they told the people who rang me. She gave me the right mobile number for the engineer.
It must be chaos in there for that to happen, the post-it filing system!

I suspect the people in the Corporation thought it was the number for their works engineer based on what they told the people who rang me. She gave me the right mobile number for the engineer.

Maybe its just me but i would be livid.

Firstly, they gave out your number without your permission - i imagine breaking a few data privacy laws along the way.

Secondly, when receiving your complaint they took the Homer Simpson approach to listening. Marge "I'm just going out". Homer "I'll do it tomorrow". They just heard the word problem and must have added the words "This guy is the solution to all our" in their head. Wonder if that call was recorded for quality purposes?

Still at least you got someone to call you back eh? :D

You should have made a load of appointments to see them:D

I phoned ntl on Monday and was on hold for 80 minutes before I hung up.

Tried again today and then gave up (i.e. hung up) after 90 minutes on hold.

I phoned ntl on Monday and was on hold for 80 minutes before I hung up.

Tried again today and then gave up (i.e. hung up) after 90 minutes on hold.

Same problem for me with NTL - 90 minutes this morning and about 25 mins again this afternoon - no reply but their website 'guarantees that service will improve next week' - and that was in December! I sent a cancellation letter by registered post in December but, shockingly, received my bill and direct debit notice today for Feb/Mar. Sent an email this afternoon but still fully expect them to incorrectly debit my account next month - not a happy camper!

Tarfhead and orka: I feel your pain!

Does anyone know of a way to skip the queue or to speak to someone quickly at NTL? I'd usually try the sales department but like I said previously, a mate had problems with their sales recently.

So what happens now? NTL couldn't give a toss about their customers it appears from reading the above. When a company reaches this standard of service, what do you do? Walk? Picket? Get the Ceo's email and send him what not? Turn up at the AGM? Contact Joe Duffy?

Usually I'd go elsewhere but that's not an option in my case, I live in an apartment so I can't have a satellite dish and we're all hooked up to NTL. In fact, NTL is the only cable/digital service available to me which is a pain. If a company won't talk to their customers, the best way to let them know you're fed up with them is to switch providers in droves!

I just get the impression that NTL reckon they've got their corner of the market all sown up, and their customers can just like it or lump it. (And as I'm not prepared to give up my cable tv, I guess I'll have to do the same!)

It took me over 6 months of regular & expensive call times to Expedia U.K. apart from e mails & snail mails. Even when I got somebody to address the problem of overcharging they denied the content of the original call which led to my credit card being ripped off. I am still trying to talk to somebody in Management & my next step may have to be to present myself at their U.K. office as they just don't do phone calls.
I have had really bad experiences with NTL & Eircom but Expedia beat them all.

SKY have been the worst for me. Lots and lots of phone calls. On hold, people promising things that never turn up, then turn out to never have been sent. Engineers coming and going and telling lies.

SKY card turning up, then not working as they had reports of it being stolen/missing so they cancelled. And No of course we can't uncancel a card ! Then second card sent to wrong address....and on and on.

Charging me wrong amounts, then promising to credit me with this that and the other and crediting the card that was cancelled.....

I ordered Sky in Jan and got it 3 months later !

Its been perfect since but dread the day I have to phone them again.

The only reason I didn't tell thme to go away was the fact that Chorus are just as bad.

Back