world travel.....

S

shump2

Hi,

I plan to travel around the world for a year when im finished college. Does anyone have any tips or ideas on where to start/money and would anyone be interested coming along...

Peter

Do you just want to holiday or do you want to work? My sister and her mates did a round the world trip finishing in Oz 2 years ago. Sis and one mate had borrowed enough to last them 3 months in Oz and spent that time travelling the country and seeing it. Other mates worked and barely left Sydney.

Sis got a Credit Union loan for travel expenses and living costs. Stayed mainly in hostels before Oz but bought a 30 year old VW camper van for 2,000 ausd and ended up selling it on for 3,000 when they were done cos mate was a mechanic and fixed it up.

For starters you can do a couple of things. One start saving. I travelled around south america for 4.5 months and it was brilliant. Spent on average 1200 per month, which included accomodation, travel, food, tours and excursions etc. some places (like bolivia) are cheaper than others to live/get around (like brazil). i met some people who had finished college and got around the world without working on 20K excluding their round the world air ticket.
secondly plan a route, what would you like to see, where would you like to go etc. etc. the world is huge and you cannot do it all in 1 year.

would love to do it again and i keep applying to middle abbey street for finance every week but no luck with application so far!!!

Repeatedly applying for credit and being turned down may impact your credit rating - the financial institution will probably check your ICB record and this access will be logged. Repeated checks that lead to loan application rejections may look odd on your records to other lenders when they check your records. They may view this as a "bad" sign when drawing conclusions about your credit rating/worthiness.

Back