Working 3 day...money worries

W

worried09

I am currently in full time paye employment.
There is serious talk of us going on 3-day week.
I know I can claim for the 2 days I wont be working but I also work 2 evenings a week cleaning. I have yet to register for this as I have just started.
My question is am I entitled to claim for the 2 days I wont be working(hopefully it wont come to this)
or because I will be registering my extra income I'm not entitled to it?

I am a single person on mid wages (including both jobs I earn 560 a week)
I am renting and have a 40,000 loan which I pay back 210 a week.
I am on the tightest budget imaginable so losing out on 2 days wages is a massive blow for me.

I could hold off registering my second job and claim the 2 days (I have no contract with the cleaning job so it could go at any time)
I dont want to do anything I'll later get into trouble for with the social?

Any info much appreciated?
Tks

Hi Worried09,

if I were you I'd call the social welfare office and ask them these questions, but do so anonymously. The office on Townsend street's number is 01) 7043000. Whatever they tell you, ask them where you can get the written back-up, whether on their website or from pamphlets in that office (You can just drop in and collect these from the lobby.)

Good luck, hope it works in your favour.

Can you clarify if the cleaning job will be on the days that you are claiming SW? If so, then you can't claim SW. If not, then you can claim three days SW. The daily rate for a single person over 20 on JB is around €34.

Hi Worried09,

if I were you I'd call the social welfare office and ask them these questions, but do so anonymously. The office on Townsend street's number is 01) 7043000. Whatever they tell you, ask them where you can get the written back-up, whether on their website or from pamphlets in that office (You can just drop in and collect these from the lobby.)

Good luck, hope it works in your favour.

Just to point out that the telephone number in the above post is the general number for the Dept of Social & Family Affairs, not a specific office - you would need to know what office or section you require when using this number as you'll get through to the switchboard first.

Back