Woodstown Knocklyon

lexus

Good morning all

We recently moved to this estate and absolutely love it. I see there is a residents associaion meeting this week, could anyone tell me is there a website of forum the association uses? I checked the neighbours.ie site above as recommended by Brendan and nadda..

Thanks!

hi lexus,welcome to woodstown,have lived here since estate built and i love it also.had traffic problems but seems to have abated since recession kicked in.did you go to agm?my wife went and only 20-25 people turned up out of an estate with 500 houses.seems the same people turn up every year.main discussion about proposed vodafone mast to be built on hill beside football pitch where the large rock is.dont mind my self about mast as reception knocklyon/ballycullen area very bad,should cut out dropped calls etc,as to your query about website or forum, i dont think they use any.

hiya, thank you so much for your reply

I think the time of the AGM was really bad, 8.30 in the evening when people have kids in bed etc, if it was 5.30 -6.30 i think they would have gotten a much better turn out. my partner and i couldnt make it in the end, we're getting work done on the house and had to stay put to show work men what we wanted done.

also that was the agm, when are the regular meetings? are there any circulars that go around?

Also ive heard there is a fund residents pay into for the upkeep of communal areas, have you heard anything about this? i would like to contribute.

Thanks again

Lexus

hi lexus,there used to be roads reps on each road who attended sub meetings and collected subs but seems to have died out .somebody will call in may i think to collect subs,40 euro normally,which goes towards maintaining grass verges,roundabouts etc.it also covers annual day on main green beside football pitch where there will be bouncy castles for kids and free bbq with dj.only residents who have paid subs can attend as they have a list on the day of residents who paid,and the kids hands are stamped to allow them on rides(only if parents have paid subs).also used to be easter bunny and santa,but only if someone voluntered .

Back