Woodies, B&Q or Homebase - where to buy paint & accessories?

shesells

Need to buy the whole kit & kaboodle for repainting the apartment. Gonna start with the bedrooms, they haven't been done in about 8 years and we ditched all the painting tools etc after we finished.

So I need emulsion, ceiling paint, gloss, dustsheets, masking tape, rollers, brushes etc. All of the above are within about twenty minutes drive but I don't really want to drive around sussing out prices and availability. I can see prices on Woodies' website but both the others have UK sites so I can't compare.

Has anyone bought this sort of stuff lately and noticed where the value is?

You would probably get better deals by going to a trade merchant. I always buy my paint etc from one in Cork and find not only are prices generally a bit better but you can also haggle a bit if your buying large qty's - say a whole house rather than 1 room.

My local Builders Provider wiped the floor with B&Q and Hombase when i was comparing prices for Dulux Weathershield and Sandtex exterior paint buckets a few weeks ago

The Stillorgan Decor Centre just beside the shopping centre is a place I often go to because they have a great variety/brands of paints.
You can choose a Colourtrend or Farrow and Ball and they can copy these paints.

Chadwicks or Ted Johnson for your brushes & the like.. Colortrend your only man for paint, they have a factory shop in Celbridge, Co. Kildare which is very good.

Back