Wooden floors - experiences

We've put down a solid acacia walnut in an open plan kitchen dining sitting area and it has a real wow factor.
Every single person that has come in has literally said - wow the floor is amazing! Even the carpenter said wow when it came out of the packaging.

There's a lot of variation in the colour, blondes reds browns darks and so far so good in terms of maintenance.

We are a busy family with dogs running around as well and I have no intention of 'babying' the floor but it's easy to keep and any scratches are not noticeable really because of the colour variation. I love it.

Semi-solids more practical than lams or solids.
I don't recommend oiled. detergents will strip it completely away when you wash it. Solids will move and become loose after a while.
semi's are hard wearing and not too expensive. NO HIGH HEELS. Brookes are good.
alan - interior designer

Any one have any experience of oiled floors with monocoat oil (supplied by woodworkers in Harold's cross). Its an one coat oil that seals the floor. We got a solid oak floor in the kitchen, I didnt want to get a laquered floor (which is what I had previously) because it very quickly looses its shine in the kitchen from frequent washing and the laquer is very easily scratched and worn.
However the oiled floor is a very matt finish and I am just wondering how it looks as it ages.
Any experience?

Back