Wooden Floors Donegal/Derry

I have travelled around a lot of suppliers over the last year or two, but 2 of the best deals I got, and which I eventually went with, were from the Co-Op in Carn (about 1yr ago) and Hegartys in Buncrana (about 1 months ago).

1st was for a solid oak, 2nd for a godo quality laminate for childs room. Very happy with both.

Both were got in sales, with the Hegartys one worth checking out if its still on. They also did a great deal on a couple of carpets for me. I was surprised I was able to get better deals on these occasions in Donegal than in Derry. You are almost conditioned to believe that NI has the better deals with Donegal always being a rip-off, but on these occasions I was pleasantly shocked.

Derry has simply too many wooden floor suppliers to check them all.

Thanks. Didn't necessarily think that Derry would be cheaper. Just looking for a good selection. Will take a look in Carn and Buncrana.

Thanks. Didn't necessarily think that Derry would be cheaper. Just looking for a good selection. Will take a look in Carn and Buncrana.

Only thing is, if you are looking for a good selection then Derry might be your best option. There are loads of suppliers around.

The Co-op in Carn has only a very small section of wooden flooring, as it is only a small part of their business.

Hegartys would have a far more extensive selection of wooden floors, and if the sale is still on, is definitely worth a look.

I have no connection with either of these 2 places, by the way.

Thanks for your help.ended up going with McLaughlins Hardware store (Masons) in Carndonagh

Back