wld u sell PPR & rent? buy after(poss)crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also put my PPR (purchased 5 years ago with my brother) on the market this week and am prepared to sacrifice renting for the next three years max.

I think that a cash position coming into 2007 is possibly the best situation to be in, taking into consideration the impending property crash (definite bear), the situation in the US (not going to quote stats, but its not looking good), and the negative knock on effect it will have in Ireland.

It has not been an easy decision (getting married next year and brother living elswhere) but I feel that if I want to bank a large amount of money this may be my opportunity. Even still I get pangs of guilt, but there are too many key statistics to be ignored.

Invest the proceeds carefully and come out in a few years to buy a nice family home (at a realistic price).

Unfortunately I need someone to buy the property first before I start making great plans, but still planning on investing carefully regardless.

Invest the proceeds carefully and come out in a few years to buy a nice family home (at a realistic price).

In what though,i see about a 24 month timeframe at most.So bar sticking it in a high interest account,over such a short period what else is there around that isin't going to involve a high degree of risk ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back