Withdrawing Cash in Turkey

Slim

We will be travelling to Turkey in June so I thought I would check best way to get cash out there. Had a look through the key posts and recent threads on here ad then rang my bank and CC providers. Charges as follows:
NIB, ATM/Laser Card: charge 3.5% per transaction, min. €3.17 - max. €11.43
Tesco CC: 2.75% on all transactions and 3% on cash withdrawals even if CC account in credit!

This is a family holiday and I will need about €2k with me if I am to avoid card fees.

Any suggestions out there on better or free card transactions?

Slim

I took Euro cash, and changed at the local Turkish Post Ofice which was zero commission.

This was a year gone November, I think it was 6.5 to the Euro, but the money goes a long way in Turkey

Most people in Turkey will bite your hand off for Euros. I would not be changing up too much.

rate is about 2.1 TKL to Euro. change around 500 at a time and see how you get on. Where are you going ?

rate is about 2.1 TKL to Euro. change around 500 at a time and see how you get on. Where are you going ?

Yeah, see it's about 2.25 now. I'm going to Mahmutlar near Alanya. Do you know it? Slim

Also with NIB they charge cash advance fees for credit cards even when they are in credit. I transferred €6 which was the minimum payment from the MC account to my current because I don't really use that bank and I was charged €2.

Back